PDA

View Full Version : Ever had your item pulled from an auction?

kingjammy24
12-04-2008, 05:11 PM
ever had an item you consigned pulled from an auction?
did the auction house give you a specific reason?

any interesting stories out there?

i was just thinking about some of the items that've been pulled recently and wondered about the consigners. i'm sure some knew their items were bad and were just trying to dump them anonymously. i'm sure others thought their items were legit and probably received a big surprise. i wondered how the auction houses handled it.

rudy.

b.heagy
12-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I had consigned half a dozen items to one auction company recently. One item came back (the big item). I was told that their in house authenticator did not like it. I was told without a doubt the item was not authentic. I even sent along what I believe are photo matches of the player wearing the uniform (one was a baseball card). They were very professional about it and gladly accepted the other items. For a moment I had a cloud of doubt over my head, I started questioning my own research on the piece. I re-examined it again and again. Contacted the auction house again pointing out some very distinguishing patterns to the lettering and again was told that they were sorry and hate to give out bad news.

MEARS is authenticating the uniform, Dave Miedema has kept me posted on every step and I cannot wait to get the final grade. My first experience dealing with MEARS. I am very pleased with the service.