PDA

View Full Version : Help on Tino Martinez Yankees BP Jersey

MiLe HigH
12-05-2008, 03:59 AM
This my be a REAL EASY one. I just got this Jersey with a group of game worn jerseys. It looks all factory Sewn, like the patches, name & number. I read forums saying Majestic 0006 is game issued BP jerseys and sometimes 6000? This is a 6000. And that game issued BP jerseys comes in sizes 48, 50 ,52 etc..BUT then Sometimes they are just XL or XXL? This is a XXL. No flag tags. And .lol I know Yankees Uniforms never have names? This one does BUT.. I found a picture of Tino wearing what looks like a BP jersey with Martinez on it in the 2000 world series? (Attached) Any info is appreciated. :confused: Its cool jersey any which way!

TFig27
12-05-2008, 06:15 AM
That's not Tino in the pic.

Tino and Luis Gonzalez grew up together. It was probably Tino's family/friends congratulating Luis.

yankees24
12-05-2008, 07:03 AM
the Majestic logos on the game batting practice jerseys are sewn in and not visible like the retail ones

sctizzle
12-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Replica BP jersey that was available at many sporting good stores in NY/NJ during the 90s. After they won a world series, they would add champions on the sleeve to sell even more. I know Champs used to sell these for numerous players, Tino included and they were all less than $100. I think around $75 if memory serves me correct.

MiLe HigH
12-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Yeah I thought the Head was too Fat to be Tino's and the other pic is just a BP with another patch. Yeah i heard about the majestic on the inside. I haven't been able to find other like it..like a ususal production jerseys

MiLe HigH
12-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Replica BP jersey that was available at many sporting good stores in NY/NJ during the 90s. After they won a world series, they would add champions on the sleeve to sell even more. I know Champs used to sell these for numerous players, Tino included and they were all less than $100. I think around $75 if memory serves me correct.

Right on Thanks for the INFO:)

suave1477
12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
MileHigh this is a definite replica Jersey because I have the same one of Darryl Strawberry these were big at sports authority also they were sold after the world series and the patch was added to boost up sales.

The hugest dead giveaway is the Yankees never add names to the Jerseys

So you don't have to bother looking at the tags

Also to concur with the other member that isn't Tino in the crowd.