PDA

View Full Version : Possible buried treasure for someone

genius
12-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I tried to figure out what this is but to no avail. Thought it might be Virginia Squires ABA, maybe it is. Anyway, maybe someone here knows and can make some money off of it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160227731795

both-teams-played-hard
12-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Not the Va. Squires. They were red, white and blue. Some "Stuart" High in Someplace, USA. For a real buried treasure how about this one. I made an offer to end early, but someone beat me to the punch. Was it you, genius?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280265887961

genius
12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
That wasn't me but wow, what a jersey! I got the Mike Lewis Condors one off Mastro last year though I've only been able to match it to his trading card and a bunch of photo shoots. The ultimate for me would be an away Pipers with just "Pittsburgh" across the front, or one of the blue warmups that have been bounced around a couple of times.

I saw you on Twitter...I'll hit you up for a follow. Thanks!

both-teams-played-hard
12-05-2008, 09:08 PM
That wasn't me but wow, what a jersey! I got the Mike Lewis Condors one off Mastro last year though I've only been able to match it to his trading card and a bunch of photo shoots. The ultimate for me would be an away Pipers with just "Pittsburgh" across the front, or one of the blue warmups that have been bounced around a couple of times.

I saw you on Twitter...I'll hit you up for a follow. Thanks!
Wasn't me on twitter...don't use it. A lot of folks use my screen name on other sites. Thinking of changing it to: "you-can't-stop-him-you-can-only-hope-to-contain-him" or "the-ship-be-sinking". My website is the same name I use here with hyphens, dot com.

Yeah, I thought a Pittsburgh guru needed that Pipers jersey...

genius
12-05-2008, 09:33 PM
"BTPH" is available as a screen name on Twitter if you want to grab it!

Please keep me in mind if you ever come across a Pipers item that you want to make a few bucks on!

genius
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Great website! I enjoyed seeing my Pitt and Duquesne jerseys on there!

both-teams-played-hard
12-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Great website! I enjoyed seeing my Pitt and Duquesne jerseys on there!

I didn't realize I sold you the Pitt warm-up...did you ever find any photos? I guess you bought the Flenorys from the guy I sold them to. Do you still have them? I tried to buy them back only hours after he sold them to you.
I have sold many jerseys over the past 2 years that I swore I'd never sell....oh well, times are tough.

genius
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I got the Pitt from a guy in LA on ebay, very cheap. Must have taken a loss on it. Flenorys came from Alaska. I'd be happy to try and get the home one back to you, just help me find something I want!

I style matched the Pitt hoops warmup somewhere on the Pitt archives. I love looking through the old yearbooks there, I photo-matched a 1965 Pitt football jersey that I got for $37 on ebay. My favorite photos are the ones of the Pitt hockey team circa 1973 wearing the 1967 Pittsburgh Penguins home set of jerseys ("home" was blue in 1967). These jerseys are talked-about among hockey collectors because nobody knows what happened to them, I don't think there's one known to be in existence. But it's entirely possible one could show up on ebay. Here's a link to the 1967 Pens jerseys playing against Duquesne in hockey! http://tinyurl.com/6g322q

both-teams-played-hard
12-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I got the Pitt from a guy in LA on ebay, very cheap. Must have taken a loss on it. Flenorys came from Alaska. I'd be happy to try and get the home one back to you, just help me find something I want!

I style matched the Pitt hoops warmup somewhere on the Pitt archives. I love looking through the old yearbooks there, I photo-matched a 1965 Pitt football jersey that I got for $37 on ebay. My favorite photos are the ones of the Pitt hockey team circa 1973 wearing the 1967 Pittsburgh Penguins home set of jerseys ("home" was blue in 1967). These jerseys are talked-about among hockey collectors because nobody knows what happened to them, I don't think there's one known to be in existence. But it's entirely possible one could show up on ebay. Here's a link to the 1967 Pens jerseys playing against Duquesne in hockey! http://tinyurl.com/6g322q
The photos on my website were all taken by me, when the jerseys were in my possesion. I'm the guy from LA who sold you the warm up on eBay. I got it dirt cheap. You got a good deal, but I did not take a lose. I sold the Flenorys to the guy in Alaska (as I have sold most of my collection to him). I rescued the Flenorys off the second hand market from a non-collector. I only use photos on my website that I have taken, when I own the jerseys, I do not take photos from other collectors. I would like to buy back the Flenorys, but I don't think I have anything you would like in trade.

genius
12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Anything pre-Charles Smith era Pitt hoops would interest me if you come across something, would do a cash plus trade for the right item! I'm glad you made some money on the Pitt warmup as I thought I'd never see that style, my personal favorite over the years. Thanks!