PDA

View Full Version : OT Strawberry retail Jersey #26

suave1477
12-05-2008, 07:55 PM
On the lighter side of things and from a while ago but it was in my head and thought it was super cool

I was at the All Star game this past season and halfway through the game there was the young teen sitting a few rows in front of me wearing a Strawberry BP Jersey nothing to idd about that espcially for me as Big of a Strawberry fan that I am.

But what was strange was it had #26 on it.

Now whats crazy is Strawberry was #26 for about a month in 1995 with the Yankees at the very end of the season and in 96 he switched to #39

I remember these Jerseys were made quick as soon as Strawberry was called up and in the stores and I didnt have a chance to buy one and by the time I did he switched numbers, and Majestic scrapped all his #26's

I asked this kid where did you get the Jersey from? He tells me oh this Jersey was an Error Jersey he got for cheap. I said what do you mean Error? He told me everyone told him Strawberry was #39 and that must have been a mistake # on the Jersey.
His dad got it for him at Modells in the begining of 96 on the clearance rack for $5 and held onto it ever since and never wore it.

I explained to him thats not an error jersey its Strawberrys first retail Jersey ever with the Yankees and hardly anyone ever had one of those.

Needless to say I asked him what size it was because I prepared to offer him a $100 for it but it wasn't my size.:rolleyes: