PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Christmas Sale

bubbrubb25
12-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Its the 13th and 14th has anyone gone in the past? How are the prices like?

Chris78
12-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Never went but I may attend this as well.

Does anyone know if they have any players/coaches where they do an autograph signing as well? I probably will bring a few major league balls just in case.

Chris

bubbrubb25
12-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Never went but I may attend this as well.

Does anyone know if they have any players/coaches where they do an autograph signing as well? I probably will bring a few major league balls just in case.

Chris
Pics on the phillies website from last year show LA and Harry Kalas were signing.

bubbrubb25
12-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I couldnt make it did anyone go?

Chris78
12-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Yes, I went to the sale. It had a lot of "minor league player" Phillies jerseys and coaches from the past few seasons. Batting practice jerseys both blue and red started at $25 with some higher. White and Gray jerseys started at $50 and some were $75 and a few at $100 -- most were $50 today, but no new ones were added and selection was pretty weak by today. No big names with the jersey selection.

They had some game used bats as well. The first day I went by the time I got in they had Geoff Jenkins and Wes Helms left. I did buy a Geoff Jenkins, but it did have some tape. I went today and the crowd was down and got a Pat Burrell and Greg Dobbs, and both were nicer than the Jenkins that I bought yesterday. Utley was sold by the time I got in which was the best bat they had today.

They had a lot of name plates today for $5. I got various guys and they had them from 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Also, they had some autograph memorabilia today (yesterday they had more but I never saw it because I was too late for this) in a different room. The nicest stuff they had was some unused bats game bats that were signed by some ex-players including Doug Glanville, Tomas Perez, Desi Relaford, Jim Eisenreich, Ron Gant, Carlos Ruiz, and Pedro Feliz (according to my friend -- most were sold by the time I saw it). It was one bat per person, but you could walk around easily and come back in and buy another one today. They also had autographed baseballs and autographed hats in this room, and also some other stuff including champagne bottles from the 2008 postseason, lineup cards, and some banners as well.

Overall, yesterday was nuts and today was much better and less people. I did see the World Series Trophy as well and also got Mitch Williams today in an autograph signing and he inscribed it with his jersey number and 93 NL Champs like I asked for. To my knowledge he was the only person signing for either day.

Overall, I spent a lot the last two days, but got some very good deals.

Jules9
12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I wound up going. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go because I knew I would have to get there early in hopes of getting anything good and didn't want to wait outside in the cold at 7:00am in the morning. So by the time I decided, I got there when they opened at 9 and when you walked in they told you to go to the upper level where they were selling the game used stuff and where the trophy was at. They were selling some of the stuff at the Bill Gilies party suite in the upper level concourse and I waited in line for about an hour and a half outside on the concourse because they were letting about 10-12 people in to the suite, at a time. Had I known I would be waiting outside, I would have went at 7 in the morning.

By the time I got in, all the bats were gone. Turns out most were gone about 45 minutes before I got into the room. The other things that were for sale were some older jerseys (I think mostly minor leaguers), street banners that were hanging around the city during the world series and the Phillies version of a game used hat (hats that were worn during batting practice)Jason Werth was $150. The only thing that was a little annoying was that I think someone from the Phillies could have came out and said that all the bats were gone because there were alot of people that were there just for bats and could have done other things instead of wait in line for nothing.

They had another room that was selling some other game used stuff but the line wasn't moving so I called it a day. In the room I did see a NLDS or NLCS base, don't know how much, a NLDS ball for $100, NLCS ball for $150, locker nameplates $10-$30, line-up cards, more banners and some empty celebration champagne bottles. Also some autographed generic bats.

An Utley bat was $400, Rollins was $350 and Burrell was $300. I forget what the price of the rest were and I think they didn't sell any Howard bats.

Jules9
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Ha Ha, never saw Chris78's post. Was typing as he was posting. I had a feeling they were going to put out more bats today.

bubbrubb25
12-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes, I went to the sale. It had a lot of "minor league player" Phillies jerseys and coaches from the past few seasons. Batting practice jerseys both blue and red started at $25 with some higher. White and Gray jerseys started at $50 and some were $75 and a few at $100 -- most were $50 today, but no new ones were added and selection was pretty weak by today. No big names with the jersey selection.

They had some game used bats as well. The first day I went by the time I got in they had Geoff Jenkins and Wes Helms left. I did buy a Geoff Jenkins, but it did have some tape. I went today and the crowd was down and got a Pat Burrell and Greg Dobbs, and both were nicer than the Jenkins that I bought yesterday. Utley was sold by the time I got in which was the best bat they had today.

They had a lot of name plates today for $5. I got various guys and they had them from 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Also, they had some autograph memorabilia today (yesterday they had more but I never saw it because I was too late for this) in a different room. The nicest stuff they had was some unused bats game bats that were signed by some ex-players including Doug Glanville, Tomas Perez, Desi Relaford, Jim Eisenreich, Ron Gant, Carlos Ruiz, and Pedro Feliz (according to my friend -- most were sold by the time I saw it). It was one bat per person, but you could walk around easily and come back in and buy another one today. They also had autographed baseballs and autographed hats in this room, and also some other stuff including champagne bottles from the 2008 postseason, lineup cards, and some banners as well.

Overall, yesterday was nuts and today was much better and less people. I did see the World Series Trophy as well and also got Mitch Williams today in an autograph signing and he inscribed it with his jersey number and 93 NL Champs like I asked for. To my knowledge he was the only person signing for either day.

Overall, I spent a lot the last two days, but got some very good deals.
Any decent batting practice/home away jerseys for sale?

Sincityson
12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Any bats or jerseys of Matt Stairs?

Chris78
12-14-2008, 06:29 PM
No Matt Stairs was available and no big name players in terms of jerseys.

The biggest name in terms of jerseys when I got in on Saturday was probably Wes Helms. Most were spring training players or coaches (either coached with the Phillies or coached in Spring Training that are with minor league affiliates). I did actually buy the Wes Helms home jersey and noticed that it was tagged 08 on the bottom flap of the jerseys when I got home last night (Wes Helms never played in 2008 for the Phillies, but was with the Phillies until April 5th). There were some other 2008 jerseys such as John Ennis, Kris Benson, and Oscar Robles that would have been like this as well.

They did have a few alternate jerseys, but neither day I was early enough to buy them. They had the green jerseys as well, but no big names.