PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

metsbats
12-07-2008, 06:50 PM
http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=100093173&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=100439883

Wow! What's the deal with Ryan Church's 2008 locker room plate from the final game:eek:

My guess it's because he made the last out ever at Shea.

David

yanks12025
12-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah but the locker room tag had nothing to do with making the last out. For that kind of money, i bet you could find something he used to make the final out(Socks,hat,cleats,pants,jock strap,batting gloves).

metsbats
12-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Absolutely. Pity the poor fool whose willing to pay $1800+ for that plate!

David

dcrules01
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
It amazes me when I see prices like that ..$1800 maybe ill relist my authentic Ryan Church autographed jersey stating he made the last out ever at Shea..Hell for that price he could have bought a Mets flannel game used in the 60's..

dcrules01
12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
$3200 for a game used base from this season

http://auction.milb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=99343966&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=99690676

$800 for a lineup card

http://auction.milb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=99690675

$600 Security sign

http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=99342574&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=99689284

allstarsplus
12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Any possiblity the locker room tag was made out of Platinum and Diamonds? lol

That is crazy or it is a joke.

You have to have a Credit Card on file with MLB so what if the credit card on file was subsequently closed and you have 2 guys bidding against each other to artificially drive up the price just to have MLB get screwed.

I just can't believe it is real......:confused:

metsbats
12-07-2008, 10:44 PM
It's the same bidder on all the items. Can this be shill bidding on MLB.com:eek:

David

dcrules01
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah I googled his user name on mlb that was the stuff he won....

gingi79
12-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Yet another example of over zealous Mets fans being mislead by the Pied Piper. Shea Stadium was a horrible mess in comparison to the modern ballparks. It was disgustingly outmoded in comparison to Camden Yards and not quaint and memorable like Fenway. Yet CitiField is an abortion and even as a Braves fan who hates the Mets, I pity this newfangled placenta of a field on behalf of Mets fans everywhere.

I love MeiGray but the price list of items purchased and for sale is embarrassingly out of date. I would be shocked if any "investment" paid off. Strictly my opinion but the Mets are the wicked step child of Baseball. While Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds had items which are now valuable, other than diehard Mets fans, who cares about Shea Stadium items?

This was a cash grab by the owners. They tore down Shea and said "F! U!" fans! We want more money so rather than renovating the stadium, we will raise your taxes and build a new, smaller one! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA SUCK IT FANS!

Instead of being outraged, Mets fans over pay of stadium crap! See those other lemmings , Mets fans? They are easily lead too!

Ignore my rant if you want but wouldn't you want a 1986 jersey instead? $1800 should buy a ton of quality Mets history. Who wants to remember the last two years? Unless you are going to buy a Heimlich jersey?

allstarsplus
12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
This was a cash grab by the owners. They tore down Shea and said "F! U!" fans! We want more money so rather than renovating the stadium, we will raise your taxes and build a new, smaller one! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA SUCK IT FANS!

How does this differ from any other teams recently that have changed stadiums?

Heck the Cardinals sold everything right down to the urinals.

I find a lot of this to be in poor taste, but certainly the Cardinals established a trend that almost anything will sell.

Why throw the stuff away if there are people willing to pay big bucks to buy something like a Security Sign for $600. AMAZING!!!

TNTtoys
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Ignore my rant if you want but wouldn't you want a 1986 jersey instead? $1800 should buy a ton of quality Mets history.

Glad you came to your senses in the final paragraph. I will certainly take you up on your offer to ignore your rant, and I will agree with you that $1800.00 should buy you far more quality Mets memorabilia than 1 lousy locker room nameplate.

I have 7 Shea Stadium locker room nameplates in my collection, which include much higher profile players than Ryan Church (Pedro Martinez, El Duque, etc.). I do not believe I paid more than 200-300 for all 7 of them put together. I also own 2 game used bases from the stadium, and also believe I paid about 200-300 for the pair ($3200 for a single base is sheer lunacy).

Back to your analogy of a 1986 jersey -- I own 1 1986 game used Championship season jersey which believe I paid $600.00 for, and this is at last year's market price. Further supporting the theory that you can buy more Mets historical memorabilia for much less.

Considering the state of the economy, I can't begin to fathom how people can grossly overpay for items like this. I can go on & on but I'll leave it at that.

allstarsplus
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Considering the state of the economy, I can't begin to fathom how people can grossly overpay for items like this. I can go on & on but I'll leave it at that.

On the Church locker room plate he put in 3 bids at $1,800 so I guess he was extending his high bid in case someone was to bid against him so who knows how high it could have gone if the under-bidder had also continued.

Best possibility, more money than good sense.