PDA

View Full Version : props to vintage authentics !

clinton2828
12-10-2008, 10:16 PM
i wanted to share a good story about vintage authentics. i bid two weeks ago on a jersey. i then called two days ago when i found photo proof the item was not game worn by that player. i went through getty photos with steve at vintage. they thanked me for the info and removed my bid. i wanted to share this story b/c i know auctions get alot of bad pub. a public thank you to vintage.

mvandor
12-11-2008, 02:55 AM
i wanted to share a good story about vintage authentics. i bid two weeks ago on a jersey. i then called two days ago when i found photo proof the item was not game worn by that player. i went through getty photos with steve at vintage. they thanked me for the info and removed my bid. i wanted to share this story b/c i know auctions get alot of bad pub. a public thank you to vintage.

Did they completely remove the item from the auction as well?

camarokids
12-11-2008, 11:21 AM

I don't see why you are thanking them???

If you did not do the homework, you would have bought and paid for a bad item.

Technically this is a bad story for Vintage with a good ending (as long as the item was pulled, or properly advertised).......

aeneas01
12-12-2008, 04:12 AM

imo that is a good story and i'm glad it worked out for you - whenever an auction house is willing to listen to the collector, it's good for the hobby.