PDA

View Full Version : Calling Manny Bat Experts!! Please Help!

jshortt
12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I have somebody offering me a Manny Ramirez signature model Diablo from the ubiquitous "impeccable MLB source." Could you guys take a look and let me know what you think. The model is right, I'm just worried about the pine tar and ball pop placement. Not sure if Manny is a stickler for holding the bat a certain way, etc. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

jetersbatboy
12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=17884&highlight=manny+diablo

jetersbatboy
12-11-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10411&highlight=manny+diablo

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16936&highlight=manny+diablo

gameused
12-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Josh,

Is the seller from Arizona and sells bats on eBay? There is a guy on eBay that has been selling MLB player Diablo bats and other brands and what I noticed is the bats basically show the same type of ballmarks which looks pretty fishy. I'm a Manny collector and I would not purchase this bat, just does not look like Manny used it.

Thanks, Bobby

maccamania
12-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Josh,

Is the seller from Arizona and sells bats on eBay? There is a guy on eBay that has been selling MLB player Diablo bats and other brands and what I noticed is the bats basically show the same type of ballmarks which looks pretty fishy. I'm a Manny collector and I would not purchase this bat, just does not look like Manny used it.

Thanks, Bobby

Good call Bobby, I thought it was a girl from Arizona and I thought that the bats show all the same use, regardless of the player, kinda worries me.
If its the same person I am hearing the they are selling a Ryan Howard with the same use......

Rob L
12-11-2008, 06:04 PM
It's the same seller. An Ortiz bat recently sold with the exact same usage. Take a look at the previously sold stuff on their feedback shows numerous bats with similar ball marks. Scary.

treant985
12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Diablo bats is located in AZ and from what I've heard from their employees, players will use Diablo bats in BP or in a game, and then send one or two back to the company to make sure that the next batch has the same specifications. It might be that a lot of them get used in BP, which would probably be more likely to produce the big white marks.

In fact, the owner of Diablo bats occasionally sells such bats on ebay; I think his username is something like 'diablobats,' though, so you'd recognize it.

dgk
12-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey Guys,

I have somebody offering me a Manny Ramirez signature model Diablo from the ubiquitous "impeccable MLB source." Could you guys take a look and let me know what you think. The model is right, I'm just worried about the pine tar and ball pop placement. Not sure if Manny is a stickler for holding the bat a certain way, etc. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joshhows it goin i have a maxbat of manny that he used in 2004 im trying to sell it so if u know any takers let me kno