PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Game Used Signed Wbc Sam Bat

gameused
04-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Sweet signed Albert Pujols sam bat used in the World Baseball Classic just listed on ebay. Notice the gold baseball ink marks from the WBC official balls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-2006-GAME-USED-SIGNED-WBC-SAM-BAT_W0QQitemZ8790397377QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

byergo
04-02-2006, 07:21 AM
And it's the self proclaimed "greatest bat ever sold on EBAY!"

LOL :-)

geoff
04-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Nice bat but i don't know about the greatest bat ever on ebay.That price is high also.

David-A
04-02-2006, 05:51 PM
For accuracy, the seller stated to me through email that Pujols said this is his best bat ever. I would agree to disagree that it is even the best Pujols bat to hit eBay in the last four months. The one which sold for $4000+ a few months ago was a rookie autographed Pujols with a letter from Mike Shannon's CBC Charity night from 2001.

The autographed rookie game used bat was the exact same Pujols bat (with an exact photo match) from Pujols' 2001 UD Reserve rookie card. He also seems to be using the same bat in his Upper Deck rookie card. Pujols played his first 6 MLB games on the road making it likely the bat was used to hit one or more of his first Home Runs in the Major Leagues.

Maybe Pujols really said it was his best bat ever. I would argue that most Pujols collectors would rather have the Pujols rookie bat which may have hit his first HR in the big leagues. If Pujols really said what the seller says he did then maybe a better description would say that it is "the best Pujols bat to ever hit ebay in my opinion."

As far as the price....I bet if he lowered the minimum to $3500 he would get the bid.

***NOTE FROM MODERATOR- This User Is Currently Banned Forever Under Multiple Accounts For Consistently Breaking The Rules Of The Forum. User Received Many Warnings But Did Not Change Behavior. He Registered Today Under This New Account And Has Again Been Banned***

byergo
04-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Far to high IMHO for a bat of a current player, who will generate hundreds of more game used bats is his career, and not even used in an MLB game. I wouldn't recommend this to ANYONE for anything near $4,000 or whatever they want.

suave1477
04-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Well I will say this its not from a Mjor League game which would make it even more rare its frm a World Baseball Classic game similar to an Olympics game. Which who knows if there will be another?

So to me i think it makes it more valuable maybe not for $4000 but more valuable then a Major League game?

gameused
04-03-2006, 01:43 AM
I agree, this bat should sell for more than a regular season Pujols bat, just as a Pujols game used bat from the World Series would command a premium price.

Too bad the bat was not labeled with "Dominican Republic" in place of the St. Louis Cardinals on the barrel.

During the WBC, Pujols had 21 at bats with 6 hits, 1 HR and 3 rbi's, could this be the HR bat?

I have dealt with the sellers of this bat before and their good people, they have a Dominican MLB player connection and get legit Dominican players game used items from time to time.

Bobby

mikedarrcollector
04-23-2006, 09:11 PM
did sam bat go back to rideou or whatever crusher? they had wilson the last couple years. this pujols bat has the rideou crusher on it. kinda weird if they are still using the wilson logo under his name.

gameused
04-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Here's a photo of Barry Bonds holding a Sam bat from 3-24-06 and 4-9-06, the Wilson logo is on the bat.

Maybe the players have a choice of the Wilson Logo or Rideau Crusher.