View Full Version : red sox new unis

ziggy
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Red Sox made some nice changes to road unis:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3763838

ziggy
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Also new Blue altenates:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081211&content_id=3714154&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

ziggy
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Also, noticed they dropped the blue piping from the red alt

suave1477
12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
WOW AFTER ALMOST A HUNDRED YEARS THE BEST THAT BOSTON COULD COME UP WITH WAS TO ADD, A PATCH OF 2 RED SOCKS HANGING!!!

BOY WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT???

BLACK LINES UNDER THE PLAYERS EYES????
USE WOOD BATS????
:D :D :D :D

Just Kidding!!!
From a Yankee fan lol

Sincityson
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
They should add the names on the back of the home jerseys.. Would look even better.

5kRunner
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
They should add the names on the back of the home jerseys.. Would look even better.

I'm not a Red Sox fan, but No Way!

I love the uni's without names. The Cubs did this forever and then add names and then took them off and now they are back. I like the look of a uniform with just a number on the back.

ziggy
12-12-2008, 01:20 PM
My thoughts:

Road grey: I like the font on BOSTON, but single layer blue tackle twill is bad on front and back...should be 2 layer blue and red, should have piping like home jerseys...like the hanging socks on sleeve.

Blue Alternate: Ok, but needs the piping

Red Alterante: Bring back the piping

**All 3 should have names on nameplates, not sewn directly on jersey

Alternate hats: OK

Vintagedeputy
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Those uniforms will look fantastic walking back to the bench after striking out against CC... :)

mwbosoxfan
12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Those uniforms will look fantastic walking back to the bench after striking out against CC... :)

Jim, you know you're a lot more amiable when your rooting interests fall more with the Nationals!! :D Not to hijack this thread, but - Latest rumors or speculation is that shrinking interest in Manny has left the NYY and the Nationals the most likely suitors to give him his big contract. Based on your obvious contempt for Manny, which team would you rather see get him?

John

Tedw9
12-13-2008, 09:57 AM
WOW AFTER ALMOST A HUNDRED YEARS THE BEST THAT BOSTON COULD COME UP WITH WAS TO ADD, A PATCH OF 2 RED SOCKS HANGING!!!

BOY WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT???

BLACK LINES UNDER THE PLAYERS EYES????
USE WOOD BATS????
:D :D :D :D

Just Kidding!!!
From a Yankee fan lol

This coming from a guy who starts a thread asking what he has here! What you have there my friend is a wooden baseball bat. Probably paid twice the amount it is actually worth so the rest of us can't have it and it will loose it's luster and fall apart before you actually get your moneys worth out of it. Does any of this sound familiar?? :D

Sincerely,

Red Sox Nation :D

And to keep on topic, I like the change. Can't wait to see them in use. I'm sure CC will want the names on back...so he can keep track of who hit what home run off him as they round the bases. :D

Suave....just busting your baseballs. ;)

kellsox
12-13-2008, 10:05 AM
I like the new road design- inspired by the 70's uniform. I am not a fan of either the red or blue alternate jerseys. They look cheap and out of place compared to the regular home and roads.
k

bigtime59
12-13-2008, 11:04 AM
New road alternate would be great if it had piping.
Home alternate is downgraded by removing the piping.
New primary road is a sartorial nap waiting to happen...a major downgrade from the previous road jersey.

suave1477
12-13-2008, 11:10 AM
This coming from a guy who starts a thread asking what he has here! What you have there my friend is a wooden baseball bat. Probably paid twice the amount it is actually worth so the rest of us can't have it and it will loose it's luster and fall apart before you actually get your moneys worth out of it. Does any of this sound familiar?? :D

Sincerely,

Red Sox Nation :D

And to keep on topic, I like the change. Can't wait to see them in use. I'm sure CC will want the names on back...so he can keep track of who hit what home run off him as they round the bases. :D

Suave....just busting your baseballs. ;)

TedW its all good I understand your anger and pain after your team producing a very profitable business of lumber for 86 years of the finest firewood (baseball bats) money can buy lol lol

TedW.....just busting your bats lol lol:D