PDA

View Full Version : Help! Bucs helmet HND-9

buccaneerwillie
12-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey guys...I'm looking for some help. I've had this helmet for a long time, and started to try and figure out what it is...but the more I research, the more confused I get. It is an HND-9, Size 8. The placement of the numbers appear to be fairly accurate. The gray two-bar facemask is really throwing me, though. Seems like all they ever used was the orange style. Take a look, and let me know what you think...and thanks in advance for your help!

buccaneerwillie
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Come on, guys....anyone? I'm not trying to break the bank...I just want to know what I've got. I'm about ready to see if I can track down an email address for George Ragsdale (wore #23 '77-'79), to see if he can provide any info. However, I would expect that a RB wouldn't have worn this type of a facemask, given the predominance of the cage type mask shown in pictures from this era...

It is a ridge-type helmet, but maybe it's just a replica???

Larry Pelliccioni
12-13-2008, 03:14 PM
The Bucs have always had orange facemasks and the early Bucs numbers were red which would lead me to believe what you have is a replica.
Larry Pelliccioni

aeneas01
12-13-2008, 04:15 PM
i'm a little confused - why do you say that it's a "ridge-type helmet"? further, what leads yo to believe that it's an hnd9 helmet? can you post a photo of the interior? hnd9 helmets are usually identifiable, quickly identifiable, due to the unique positioning and size of rawlings's classic "cross" screws. even if the screws and padding are missing from your helmet, i don't see any evidence of the factory drill holes.

DrJ
12-14-2008, 11:13 AM
from the pics, I would lean towards a Rawlings kids helmet is what this is. I think they have grey foam padding.

buccaneerwillie
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
i'm a little confused - why do you say that it's a "ridge-type helmet"? further, what leads yo to believe that it's an hnd9 helmet? can you post a photo of the interior? hnd9 helmets are usually identifiable, quickly identifiable, due to the unique positioning and size of rawlings's classic "cross" screws. even if the screws and padding are missing from your helmet, i don't see any evidence of the factory drill holes.

I can make out the model number if I hold in in the light just right. I tried to take a picture of it, but I couldn't get it to show. The level of the helmet is higher under the light orange colored stripe. I'll add a picture of the interior...it's pretty plain...other than the hole in the center and the six holes surrounding it...