PDA

View Full Version : M's on the move....

tym
12-12-2008, 09:01 PM
We lost JJ Putz, Sean Green, Raul Ibanez, and Jeremy Reed…..
We gained some guy that on average is not better than Jeremy, actually below.
I know JJ isn’t happy, a setup man for K-Rod give me a break…..His wife confirmed that.
I was talking to one M’s exec and they said, “We think we can improve with these moves.”
My response - Ya, when you lose over 100 games as long as the planetary alignment changes you will improve.
Love my M’s, hope all the fans hold on, I would hate to have their name changed to the “Oklahoma City Mariners”
Cheers,
Ty

metsbats
12-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Ty,

Cheer up.

You now have this Man on your pitching staff.

Things can only get better.

Trust me us Met fans know.

David

tym
12-12-2008, 09:32 PM
okay, i hope so!
I would never quit on my M's....but it is what it is :)

One good pitcher doesnt make up for all the great position player loses....
Cheers,
Ty

Ty,

Cheer up.

You now have this Man on your pitching staff.

Things can only get better.

Trust me us Met fans know.

David

metsbats
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Given the history of some of the Mets trades, Heilman will go on to be the ace of the M's staff, go 22-7, 2.48 ERA, 200 Ks, and win the Cy Young Award in 2009.

David

mariner_gamers
12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
For Raul I am glad he got that kind of money late in his career. He is a stand-up guy and I am happy for him. The Putz trade seems to make sense but then again so did last years roster. On paper the M's should have kicked some booty last year. Any how my fingers are crossed even though last year was more painful than watching Bill Swift throw the homerun instead of the sinker many, many moons ago.........

marinersbaseballfan21
12-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Seeing the words Oklahoma City Mariners makes me sick!!

I think Putz and Reed were definitly players we could afford to lose. It sounded like Zduriencik got who he wanted in Gutierrez, and he's young so that's always a plus, but that average last year scares the heck out of me!

tym
12-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Seeing the words Oklahoma City Mariners makes me sick!!

I think Putz and Reed were definitly players we could afford to lose. It sounded like Zduriencik got who he wanted in Gutierrez, and he's young so that's always a plus, but that average last year scares the heck out of me!

Putz and Reed are a loss, not only to the team but the community so I dont agree! As far as Guiterez look at his avereges they are well below what we need. He is 25+ and anyone that thinks at that age he is a prospect is smoking krack. Reed might be 2 years older but his average is 20 points better and glove just as good. He was the M's minor league player of the year 3 years ago for a reason.

Just dont see how this is a good thing for the M's and the community....
Sorry.
Regards,
Ty

tym
12-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Mariners_gamers....
Raul is one of the most stand up people I have ever had the pleasure to know besides Jay Buhner, Brian Holman and Dave Valle. I hope he goes on to get a World Series ring as he is due....

I am afraid of how this trade effects Morrow and Morse. Morrow as a 1st round draft pick should be a starter and Morse should be targeted for 1st base but this trade puts that at risk. Green was a good setup guy when we lost Gearge S.....The Eric B. trade drained our farm system.

I am deeply involved with the M's and sit on one of thier BOD's, it is split as some others see more upside then I do.

Just my opinion.....but I will always love our M's!
Cheers all, and happy holidays!
Ty

bigtime59
12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Unless Safeco Field can be moved, the Mariners are in Seattle to stay...

AWA85
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Are the M's still kicking around the idea of Griffey Jr?

marinersbaseballfan21
12-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Their was an article in the Seattle Times about him, and I think there's definitly still a chance we will get him.

What does everyone know about Endy Chavez?

marinersbaseballfan21
12-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I just found out that the M's let Jamie Burke go. UNBELIEVABLE!! I think he would have really helped Clement grow up as a catcher, and he always brought a passion to win to the clubhouse. The perfect team player (I will always remember that squeeze bunt that would have hit him if he hadn't gotten it down). 3 catchers is probobly to many, so I think we should have traded Johjima to make room for Clement as the everyday catcher.

tym
12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
totally agree as most of the pitching staff seems to have issues with Johjima. I noticed they have kept Rob Johnson on the 40 man roster too...
Cheers
Ty

metsbats
12-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Their was an article in the Seattle Times about him, and I think there's definitly still a chance we will get him.

What does everyone know about Endy Chavez?

Endy Chavez ranks up there as one of the best defensive outfielders the Mets ever had. His spectacular catch in game 7 of the 2006 NLCS to rob Scott Rolen of a home run was ranked one of the 10 most memorable moments in the 44 year history of Shea.

Offensively does not hit with power but is certainly one of the best bunters in the league and can beat you with his speed.

I hope he gets to play full time in Seattle and hope you guys enjoy him as much as we did in NY.

metsbats
12-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Another testament of how popular and well liked Endy was in NY. He got his own bobble head SGA in 2007!

Fnazxc0114
12-14-2008, 01:32 AM
tym,
i feel for you. my team the rangers have been horrible for a while. some of the trade jd does make you wonder what he is getting paid for. danks, chris young(local guy), adrian gonzales, that pitcher the brewers got. hopefully some of his recent trades will pay off. it might be a few years but things might work out in the long run. hopefully for the rangers more so than the m's lol. we should both be in the bottum of the al west for the next couple of years.

jetersbatboy
12-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Ty,
You never know the Mariners may win there division...Look at those RAYS!!!:eek:

tym
12-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Ty,
You never know the Mariners may win there division...Look at those RAYS!!!:eek:

That would be nice.....Either way I will be at Safeco cheering them on :)
Cheers
Ty

tym
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I posted this elseware, but thought I should let the M's crowd know.
Cheers
Ty

Great thing about this hobby...leaves us somthing to look forward too :)

I stopped by Safeco today and ended up buying a complete uniform (jersey/cap/pants) from the 1989 TBTC game last year of Riggleman. Only $180 bucks with the 40% discount they are runnng on all game used items. They had 1978 TBTC unifroms from Green and Dickey, a handful of Marineros jersey as well as the assortment of left overs from 2006 and 2007. Craig said they will be bringing out some 2008 stuff right after the 1st of the year. He is going to give me a call and would be happy to update anyone if they want just shoot me a email.

Cheers
Ty

raider1088
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
actually i think the guy that is going to make the trade for you is mike carp.the guy can flat out hit.i saw him numerous times with binghamton.he got buried behind nick evans and danielmurphy,the only reason he wasn't up with the mets.

tym
12-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Are the M's still kicking around the idea of Griffey Jr?
I wont say who, but yes I know that M's are talking to his agent.