PDA

View Full Version : cmw2ward here is a little info for you

suave1477
12-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Regarding your question about Mariano Rivera bats.

Mariano normally gets bats from Louisville Slugger but has never used any so far known in an actual game.
Mariano has only had one at bat in his career and he used a Jeter bat.

He may have used his own bats for BP but I highly doubt he used many since he wouldn't really have a need for BP practice.

I own one Mariano model game used bat (By Enrique Wilson)

I believe there is a seller on ebay selling a Mariano BP bat.

And I remember someone once a long time ago selling a Mariano model bat on ebay saying it was used in his only at bat........... (yeah right)

cmw2ward
12-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the post. My Rivera is a steiner "game issued" signed game bat. Do you know or does anyone know how many bats he has ordered? Thanks again.

italianchulo
12-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Thats strange, because I have the opposite. Mine is an Enrique Wilson Sam bat with number 42 on the knob

suave1477
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Italianchulo nothing strange about that, its possible Rivera could of used one of Wilson's bats. Players swap bats all the time.

If you look I remember a while back there are a couple of threads on here which players were noted as being spotted using another players bat.

Enrique Wilson was infamous on using everyone elses bat.

Meanwhile Posada bats are infamous for being used by different members of the Yankees

italianchulo
12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
So if I sell it I'd be a rich man? cuz of the number 42 on the knob?
It goes both ways I wonder how it affects pricing.
I have a Reggie Jackson bat with 6 on the knob and 44 on the barrell.
I have an enrique Wilson bat with only the number 42 on it.
So Is my Reggie a real Reggie gamer?
Or
is my wilson a real wilson gamer?
in terms of pricing and selling.
Just curious how people view this..

suave1477
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
So if I sell it I'd be a rich man? cuz of the number 42 on the knob?
It goes both ways I wonder how it affects pricing.
I have a Reggie Jackson bat with 6 on the knob and 44 on the barrell.
I have an enrique Wilson bat with only the number 42 on it.
So Is my Reggie a real Reggie gamer?
Or
is my wilson a real wilson gamer?
in terms of pricing and selling.
Just curious how people view this..

Well I don't know if rich but you would have a desirable item.

First besides it having the number on the knob you would have to have some type of evidence that it was actually used by Mariano and not just you at home writing #42 on the knob. When you first recieved the item if it was directly from Steiner you should ask them to put in the LOA that it may have been used by Mariano because of the #42 on it.
When ever I get an item directly from them I always ask them (or at least I try too) first to tell me what's on the knob or if they can send me a pic of the knob.
Next thin you would do is try to see if you can find any pics showing the player using such a bat or matchin characteristics of the player to the bat.
The problem is pictures and his use characteristics are very hard to find/know because it is rare he uses a bat unless it's for BP and there is not many if any pictures of that.

Maybe there is someone here who maybe a bit more familiar with his characteristics of using a bat and you can compare with them???

Does the value get effected??? of course!!

If you have a low end item used by someone of high desire sure it makes it worth more and vice versa if you have a high end item used by a lower desired person it lowers the value.

As far as your Reggie bat if it has the #6 on the knob I would be concerned because chances are it was used by someone else, but make sure your reading it correctly and it is not a #9. Jackson was #9 until he started with the Yankees and then switched to #44