What is your favorite addition to your collection in 2008?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcgreg25
    • Jan 2008

What is your favorite addition to your collection in 2008?

Ok, so Kyle's post got me thinking about my favorite addition to my collection this year. For me it is probably my game used Grady Sizemore complete TBTC uniform from MLB auctions. What is your favorite purchase this year?

• markize
    • Apr 2008

Re: What is your favorite addition to your collection in 2008?

Originally posted by dcgreg25
    Ok, so Kyle's post got me thinking about my favorite addition to my collection this year. For me it is probably my game used Grady Sizemore complete TBTC uniform from MLB auctions. What is your favorite purchase this year?
    dc....

you got all that in one package - man i am jealous! i could only hope to find an alfonso soriano collection neatly packaged together in one place. nice pickup.

mark

Comment

• gatorcollector
      • Aug 2005

Mine is definitely the Delisha Milton-Jones Olympic worn jersey I won from MeiGray.
      Attached Files

Comment

• stlbats
        • Nov 2005

My favorite 2008 addition is my Albert Pujols gamer, photomatched no less.

Thanks
        Jason
        Attached Files

Comment

• skyking26
          • Dec 2005

There were MANY. If I had to narrow it down to 1...I'd say full 1973 home SF Giants Dave Kingman unaltered uniform would be tops...
          ROBERT KOPPEL
          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
          and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• dcrules01
            • Nov 2005

My 79 80 81 and 82 Mets Gamers when I look at them it reminds me of being a kid again//// So this is 1 era when they were horrible fighting to stay out of the basement..

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• thomecollector
              • May 2006

Mine are many as well. I guess one of them is the Thome Negro League unis from 07-08.
              Attached Files
              Roger Ward- Thomecollector
              thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• dcrules01
                • Nov 2005

I just picked up one of those White Sox from tnt toys awesome mine was a coaches but I love it...
                Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• jake33
                  • Nov 2005

Either my Eric Hinske 2008 game used road jersey

or Chuck Darby 2003 game used red jersey with TONS of use and I was able to photo match to 2 games

Comment

• AWA85
                    • Jan 2008

Have to go with my Ken Griffey Jr Swingman bat.

A few close seconds: Cueto Louisville jersey, Encarnacion Pink bat, Jay Bruce bat.
                    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• kylehess10
                      • Feb 2006

Mine would have to be Matt Kemp's bat from his brawl on June 3rd, 2008, and he broke this bat over his knee on June 5th. I have photomatches from June 3rd - 5th:

Photomatch from right before the brawl with Yorvit Torrealba:

Here is the bat seen when the brawl occured:

Photomatch from June 4th:

Kemp breaking this bat over his knee on June 5th:

Video of the brawl:

Video of Kemp breaking this bat over his knee:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• BIGSTIG
                        • Apr 2008

I as well have had quite a few, but I will narrow it down.

First a 1966 Cubs Home Flannel worn by Bill Hands. He was my mothers favorite player when she was younger...she said he was so dreamy I had to own it, and thanks to Rob Steinmetz I do. I realize it is in a locker with a few Santo items, but I dont have any other Hands items, and by no means can I afford a Santo jersey, so for now it is a 1960's display

The other would have to be my Soriano collection. I picked all the items up within 2 weeks of each other. All from 2007 - Jersey, home & road hats, bat & cleats.

Well I am sure if you ask me again in a month it will be something else, as I have picked up more stuff this year than ever before.

Thanks to all who have helped me with building the beggining stages of my Cubs locker room.

Last but not least...someone PLEASE find me a Sutcliffe Cubs gamer
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Rob L
                          • Nov 2005

Mine would be tough as I completed a goal of obtaining every "Angels" font type across the front of the jersey this year and obtained GU caps that match the jersey style (picked up some big names too). However, this Nov and Dec, I was able to pick up some GU items of my favorite player - Troy Percival. Not just one, but three (or four if you count pants). A 2008 TBTC Rays uniform, a 2007 Cardinals jersey and a 2005 Tigers jersey. Thanks go to Jake, Jeff Scott and Bill (ironmanfan).
                          Attached Files
                          Rob L
                          loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• island_style
                            • Nov 2005

My favorite addition to my non-game used collection this year is a hand written letter from Vin Scully on his Dodgers stationary thanking me for a picture I sent to him. It was an original Barney Stein (photographer, Brooklyn Dodgers) photo of him and Pee Wee Reese. I was going to keep it, but I figured that it would be better served in Scully's possession for him to remember the Brooklyn days. I'm a Dodgers fan and have been listening to Scully call the games since I was a kid. Thank goodness we get the Prime Ticket (Fox) Southern California feed here in Hawaii.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Comment

• yanks12025
                              • Jan 2006

I have two major pick ups of 2008. The first is a 1926 yankee signed baseball. The autographs include Babe Ruth,Lou Gehrig, Tony Lazzeri and a very faded Miller Huggins.

My second pick up is a Jose reyes game worn 2007 jersey. It was used in tom Glavines 300th win game. I have also photo-matched to him hitting a home run. This jersey shows great use.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...