PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help from you football gurus

BIGSTIG
12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I have up for auction what I believe and have believed for a couple years now to be a game issued Mike Brown Bears Pro Bowl Jersey. Well I want to make 100% sure that this is not a store bouight jersey, as I do not want to mislead anyone. I had somebody ask me a question if I have a coa, which I do not. I had another guy ask me if I hav a coa, and I replied no and he said then how do you know that this is not just a jersey bought at the store? I can't really answer that. I am not really into football game used items. I stick with my true love, the Cubs. Anyhow - Can you fine folks shed some luight on this. Obviously you cant tell me if it was the one he wore during a photo shoot, but I just want to know if it is a store bought, or a made for play jersey. There has to be a difference.

Here is the link to my listing -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110326653697&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

Thanks

Jags Fan Dan
12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Nick,

Thanks for the Hairston bat! Now, onto the topic at hand...

I am no expert by any means, but I can tell you what I like about your jersey.

1. It has 4" length added. Store sold jersey's would likely not have this (who the heck would want to wear their jersey with 4" added?) Some of the knock-offs from China did some 2006 Pro Bowl jerseys up with 4" added, but they would not have likely made a smaller-name guy like Brown, especially given the fact that he did not even play in the game.

2. I do not see any flag tags in the neck. It is my (limited) experience that pro bowl jerseys do not have any flag tags.

3. The sleeves. The elasticized sleeves do not look like what you get on any store bought jerseys, at least any I've seen. Although I would not rule out that some store jerseys have sleeves like this, they are not the norm.

BIGSTIG
12-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Dan,

Thanks for the info!! Glad you like the Hairston bat.

Anyone else have any input?

Thanks in advance!!

34swtns
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Bigstig, you've got the real deal there.
I'd been watching your listing mainly because I'd never seen one like it before but recognised that it was legit immediately.
The definitive trait is simply the NFL "watermark" all-over print on the body mesh. The knockoffs couldn't duplicate that material.....theirs were just plain white mesh. Plus, as was mentioned before, none of the knockoff producers ever bothered with a Mike Brown-type player. The Urlachers and Briggs were far more lucrative to produce.

Hope that helps. ;)

BIGSTIG
12-18-2008, 01:50 AM
34swtns - Thanks for the info!! Honestly I figured it was the real deal, just don't deal with enough football stuff to be 100% certain. So I wanted to double check so I felt fully confident in what I was selling.

If you are interested I would sell to you for $210 shipped. I am just looking to have a little extra cash for the Cubs convention next month. Let me know.

Jags Fan Dan
12-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Bigstig, you've got the real deal there.
I'd been watching your listing mainly because I'd never seen one like it before but recognised that it was legit immediately.
The definitive trait is simply the NFL "watermark" all-over print on the body mesh. The knockoffs couldn't duplicate that material.....theirs were just plain white mesh. Plus, as was mentioned before, none of the knockoff producers ever bothered with a Mike Brown-type player. The Urlachers and Briggs were far more lucrative to produce.

Hope that helps. ;)
About the watermark style print on the jerseys, I have seen some pretty good knock offs with convincing watermark type print on them. My friend got a 2006 Carson Palmer pro bowl jersey for $35, and it looked pretty darn convincing, except for the "made in China" flag tag on the neck.