PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Ryan Gamer?

dranimal
04-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Anybody got any tips on Ryan gamers? I know he had the Goodman & Sons label but I'm wondering how to tell with Ranger gamers if it's legit. I have a grey flannel one (set actually) and one I'm buying has a COA by Lampson and while he alludes to it being a gamer the title of the COA says Nolan Ryan Home Jersey. Size of 44 is good but the GF 44 and this 44 on the tag are sl different characters and the label comparison is not exact thread being a bit dark. EBAY item #8785649510.
Thanks. I'm gonna try to call Lampson and find out about the semantics on the COA.

hblakewolf
04-03-2006, 07:10 AM
You bring up some intersting points, especially the one about calling Lampson. Please update us on what he has to say on this, and likewise, provide us with contact information (phone #) for him. There are several Forum readers seeking similar information from Lampson.

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

dranimal
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Anybody with any insight please help. Thanks.

kingjammy24
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
The fonts on the manufacturer tag can differ due to revisions from year to year. Rawlings changed the fonts for their size numbers on the manufacturer tag from year to year. Such revisions can be used to help determine the year. Similar tagging revisions may also account for the difference in thread color. Unfortunately, I haven't documented Goodman & Sons tagging. The great advantage with Ryan Rangers gamers is that I don't believe Goodman jerseys were available in retail stores or to the public.
I'd like to see the front of the Ebay Ryan to see if there's any tail/strip tagging. The image no longer seems to be available.
Although that's the longest, most descriptive Lampson LOA I've ever seen, his work/LOA's still make me uneasy. Although I may miss out on a few items, I just avoid Lampson items altogether.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Rudy.

dranimal
04-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks for your help Rudy. I've got a call to AMI and since I'm a buyer there, the guy said he'd pass my questions on to Lampson and see if I can get an answer. I'll let you know if it happens.