PDA

View Full Version : Question about Red Sox hats

Tedw9
12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Can anyone tell me when the Red Sox used hats that were blue with red brims? Was that the alternate hat used with alternate jerseys? I am specifically wondering about the 2006 season. Any help would be appreciated. :)

eisenreich8
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
The cap you describe was strictly a Spring Training version, not worn during the regular season and not connected to the red alternate jersey, which ihas been worn during Sunday homestand games. A red cap/blue visor version was worn only during the 1975 season.

I know your question surrounds the 2006 season, so I am going to continue to isolate that version you mention to specific Spring Training year(s).

eisenreich8
12-18-2008, 09:50 PM
They were indeed worn during 2006 Red Sox Spring Training:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/Daily_Headlines_February_2006.html

Tedw9
12-20-2008, 09:09 AM
eisenreich8,

Thank you for the information and the link. I had seen pics of them wearing the same style hat, I just could never tell if it was spring training or a regular season game.

The hat I have is signed "Game Used 2006" which made me wonder if it was a regular season game or not.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I am not sure if spring training game use makes it any less valuable or if game used is game used. Either way, I love the hat.

Thanks again for the information.