PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Bat Story

MVP2120
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
So a few years ago, I went to Olympic Stadium to see the Expos play the Cards. Obviously, no one goes there, so my dad and I got 2 seats right behind the Cards' dugout. This one kid next to me kept getting all these balls thrown to him, and I was starting to get a little pissed.
In the middle of the 8th inning, the Cards were down 4-2, and I was looking at the scoreboard or something when my dad pointed towards the dugout and there was Albert Pujols himself, his head above the dugout, offering me a bat that he had just used! I was absolutely shocked, but somehow managed to take the bat from him. There is a little piece missing in the handle, but otherwise, it's perfect.
I am going to treasure this for my entire life, especially when he becomes a Hall of Famer. But me and most of my friends are interested in how much this might be worth. The only time I'll sell this, though, is if it's a life or death situation. Anyone know? Hope you enjoyed the very true story!

RobSteinmetz
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Now this is what collecting is all about. What a cool story, and what a tremendous item to treasure for years to come. Thanks so much for sharing this publicly. If you want to post some photos of the bat, I'm sure many would be able to estimate it's current market value (although it's obviously priceless to you).

Eric
04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
That's an amazing story. Usually people only get equipment handed to them if they were just hit by a thrown bat and the bat boy is exchanging it for another.

Hey- post some photos of the Pujols so we can all see it.

Welcome to the forum
Eric

MVP2120
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Here are 2 pics:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3592/img00480oz.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8179/img00506bz.jpg

stlbats
04-03-2006, 08:06 PM
That is a great bat. A little more rare as most Sam bats I have seen are SG-1 models not AP-5 models. I was told by Sam bat company a few years ago that they put AP-5 on Alberts bats and they are SG-1's, but I have not seen many labeled that way hit the market. I would say around $2000.00 easy.

Great story

Jason Howell