PDA

View Full Version : Need a team.. any advice??

GoTigers
12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Being from Alabama, I honestly have no legit reason to root for any professional team. I know the obvious choice is Atlanta for proximity,,, but they may be my least favorite team. I was in Birmingham for the 1991 World Series and all the fair-weather Atlanta fans in Alabama made me root for the Twins. I tried to get on board with the Braves recently, since I was living in Atl for the past 2 years, but I just can't do it.

I know what it's like to live and die for a team, I am a huge Auburn fan. I just wish I had that for pro sports. I hate watching the World Series, The Super Bowl, all regular season games, and not really having a team to pull for. I'm tired of just pulling for individuals or the underdog.

The Birmingham Barons play a couple miles from my house, so maybe I'm a ChiSox fan?? I know how lame this sounds,, but it's killing me. Is anyone else in the same boat?

AWA85
12-21-2008, 01:09 PM
I recommend the Cincinnati Reds :D

Are they any former Auburn players that are big stars on their current pro teams, or anyone from your hometown areas? Could help you pick a team.

GoTigers
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
When it comes to Auburn Alum. there are a ton in Football, but not so many in baseball and basketball

Football: Bo Jackson, Rudi Johnson, Jason Campbell, Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Kevin Greene, Brandon Jacobs, Jay Ratliff, Carlos Rogers, Al Del Greco, James Brooks,Takeo Spikes etc...

Baseball: Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, Gabe Gross, Mark Bellhorn, Tim Hudson, Chris Bootcheck,...

Basketball: Charles Barkley, Wesley Person, Chuck Person...

I'm thinking of adopting a city and all their teams. I dont want to pick and choose a MLB, NBA, NFL team.

marinersbaseballfan21
12-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I would say the St. Louis teams for the Cardinals and Rams. The Cards are one of my favorite teams to watch, and they're pretty close to you geographically. The Rams are doing to great this year, but they might come around.

marinersbaseballfan21
12-21-2008, 02:43 PM
My bad: the rams aren't doing to great.

AWA85
12-21-2008, 02:44 PM
If you are looking at MLB and NFL... maybe you should scratch Cincinnati from your list!

gannonknight85
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Here is some very good advice. Don't fall in love with the Indians, they will break your heart!!!

godwulf
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
The Mobile Bay Bears, AA affilitate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, are a good bet. Many of their best past players, like Mark Reynolds and Justin Upton, have skipped Triple-A all together and come up to the bigs and done well. The DBacks are a classy organization, and always fun to watch, win or lose. If I couldn't live in Phoenix, my next six choices would be (in order) Visalia, Missoula, Reno, Mobile, Yakima, and South Bend - and the only reason Mobile wouldn't be higher is the humidity. :rolleyes: