PDA

View Full Version : Mears online auction

Fraudfinder!!
12-23-2008, 06:44 PM
I just received this email from Mears reference to several items I won on their first auction. I sent a check yesterday so I know they have not received my payment yet. According to the email, they have sent out ALL the items that were won. The auction ended only 5 days ago. I have never heard of such a thing, pretty trusting. On another note, for those that worry about shill bidding, several of my auctions ended with my minimum bid although my max bid was much higher. I hope the quality of their auction items improve although I was very pleased with several of the items and got them for a good price. A very positive experience!

Happy Holidays,
The MEARS staff would like to thank everyone for their support during our first online auction. In order to take care of our customers during the holidays, today we shipped 100 percent of the orders from our first sale.
We are also excited to announce that MEARS will be holding quality memorabilia auctions every month, with our next auction starting Jan. 5, 2009 and ending Jan. 22, 2009. Please check out our website at MEARSOnlineAuctions.com (mhtml:{2C4529B8-9CD4-4966-B533-9A9D87DE5B23}mid://00000324/!x-usc:MEARSOnlineAuctions.com) and have a safe and happy holiday season.
-The MEARS staff

Dewey2007
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I received a separate e-mail from Mears with a tracking number. Did you get one of those too?

Fraudfinder!!
12-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes I did receive an email with a tracking number and confirmed my items are in the mail. I had just shy of $1000.00 in winning bids, I am amazed they shipped it out prior to receiving any money. Any thoughts???

33bird
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe they meant 100% of those that paid already. That would make more sense. Yea, I got a Del Curry 98-99 Bucks jersey for 100.00. The minimum bid. Not bad. I got a tracking # on Monday and should have it tomorrow. Great service. I hope they'll add more quality items too. I think they threw on every low interest item they had.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

Dewey2007
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
My initial thought is WOW especially with almost a $1K still in the mail. I paid through Paypal the day after the auction. Maybe the timing of the auction had something to do with it. Maybe they just wanted to get everything out and enjoy the holidays.

Fraudfinder!!
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Maybe they meant 100% of those that paid already. That would make more sense. Yea, I got a Del Curry 98-99 Bucks jersey for 100.00. The minimum bid. Not bad. I got a tracking # on Monday and should have it tomorrow. Great service. I hope they'll add more quality items too. I think they threw on every low interest item they had.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

33bird-
They do not have my payment yet though. I sent it snail mail yesterday.
I know they have a lot of great quality items in their possession, I think being there first auction they maybe put in some low end items to get a feel for the process and test out the kinks. Either way, I have been please all the way around and certainly welcome them to the auction world.

dcrules01
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Did any of you guys bid on the early 70's Brewers flannels??

Dewey2007
12-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Did any of you guys bid on the early 70's Brewers flannels??

Not me. I won the Bill Serena game used bat and that was the only item I bid on.

mfsquirrelmaster
12-24-2008, 04:27 AM
I placed a bid on the Sexton jersey of about $60. Then I was outbid so I entered a high bid of about $100 and was immediately outbid. Then I decided to save my money for another day. Then about 4pm the day the auction closed I received a call from Mears saying that there was a mistake and the Sexton jersey was not supposed to be in the auction and they were giving me a credit for there error. I thought it was very cool that they would do that.

lund6771
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
that's great that they are off to a respectable start!