PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules- Important Please Read

Eric
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Everyone-

I wanted to remind all forum members that there are rules for participating in the Game Used Forum, and they are there for a reason.

Recently we have seen users violate two rules which I wanted to point out

The first one is regaring baiting and even retaliatory baiting

Rule #16:
In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

And rule #17:

It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it goes without saying that if these rules are not enforced, the integrity of the forum is compromised.

Any violations of these rules will result in suspensions.

I am happy to answer any questions about this here or at my email address- ecky3@aol.com

Thanks for your consideration on this matter
Eric

Eric
04-07-2006, 11:39 PM
This post was ignored as one user decided to bait another tonight and has been suspended.
Eric

ChrisCavalier
04-08-2006, 05:07 AM
This post was ignored as one user decided to bait another tonight and has been suspended.
Eric
Hello Eric,

As a forum participant, I want to thank you for being so diligent in making sure the rules are being followed.

Speaking more broadly, I also hope members take the time to make sure they understand the rules when participating on the forums. This site is fast becoming the primary place game used collectors come to gain information and interact with others of similar interest. I think anyone who reads the rules should easily see they have been established for the benefit of the entire community.

I guess rule violations may sometimes be expected in a forum that continues to grow so rapidly and not all members take the time to make sure they understand the rules before posting. However, I hope the more the rules are enforced the more people will realize how valuable the rules are and that they are an absolute requisite for participation.

As members will soon see, this site will continue to offer more and more benefits to the game used collecting community. As such, while rule violations may exist today, I believe over time they will diminish as members realize the rules will always be enforced and this site will not tolerate any spirit other than one which fervently seeks to help fellow members.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe