PDA

View Full Version : Home run baseballs w/IRON-clad Provenance...

suicide_squeeze
12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi GUU members.....This is my second post as I am a "newbie" here, but a long-time collector of game used memorabilia from MLB. As I stated in my first post, I came accross this site on google while checking into the questionable exploits of everyones favorite question avoider, Scot Monette of ASI/ESM/Company Name flavor of the month.

I am currently searching for a few specific home run baseballs:

-Frank Robinson
-Eddie Mathews
-Jim Thome
-Frank Thomas
-uninthusiastically (but still need) Gary Sheffield

I collect home run baseballs by certain players, and I have decided to give it a shot by requesting them 5 at a time (mixing old with new, hard with easy). These are my first five (5) I will actively seek out this coming year. If my search stalls, I'll add to my wish list as time goes.

Any insight from you members as to who I should be contacting would be greatly appreciated, as I have seen just a couple of posts here by other members that have stated they collect "home run baseballs".

If there is ANYONE on this site that can help me out, I would very much appreciate an email. I only collect balls with excellent provenance or proof that "it is what it is claimed to be". In the case of Eddie Mathews, since he is deceased, I would prefer that the ball be signed, but it's not a deal breaker if it isn't.

I am really excited about finding this site, and I know I can add a TON of great experience and knowledge to it for you fellow collectors. Also, I have an annoucement to make to the members, but am currently awaiting one more major free-agent signing before I do. You'll know why at that time.

Thanks for all of your help, and I look forward to making many friends here while helping out the community in regards to the rampant fraud in our hobby. This site appears to be doing a great deal in reducing it, and that's great for all of us.

Regards,

Steve

suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

tigerdale
12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a few from current players, none that you have mentioned.
tigers1984@comcast.net

suicide_squeeze
12-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Who have you got, tiger?

allstarsplus
12-27-2008, 07:56 PM
I have Gary Sheffield's HR 499 ball w/ MLB hologram. It was purchased directly from the Tigers.

Gary Sheffield actual 499th HR ball

Hologram number LH175432 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under PLAYER COLLECTED HR BALL.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: TB AT DET
Session Date: September 26, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: DETROIT TIGERS GARY SHEFFIELD 499TH CAREER HOME RUN BALL HIT INTO THE VISITORS BULLPEN

sox83cubs84
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Number retirement home run ball FREE BUMP!!

Dave m.
Chicago area

schubert1970
02-13-2010, 01:26 AM
I have Gary Sheffield's HR 499 ball w/ MLB hologram. It was purchased directly from the Tigers.

Gary Sheffield actual 499th HR ball

Hologram number LH175432 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under PLAYER COLLECTED HR BALL.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: TB AT DET
Session Date: September 26, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: DETROIT TIGERS GARY SHEFFIELD 499TH CAREER HOME RUN BALL HIT INTO THE VISITORS BULLPEN

Andrew,

Do you still have this ball?

WadeInBmore
02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Not to overstep any bounds...but the answer to is this ball still available is "no". I believe it now resides in the 500 HR Club Members Home Run Baseball collection of Steve Mears.

wade