PDA

View Full Version : Blue Chip Sports

geoff
04-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Anybody have any dealings with them.They have a few items im looking at.Thanks Geoff

soxwin1
04-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Bought a few bats from them in the past and had no issues, good items they are just tough to get hold of at times. Hope this helps.

whirl
04-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Geoff: I agree that they can be hard to get to sometimes; however they have always returned my phone calls. The owner gave me his cell phone the first time we talked and I had no trouble getting him after that. He was very knowledgeable and polite. We talked about a lot of things, and I enjoyed our conversation. Most importantly, he described the bats I was looking for accurately. The bats were great and so was the service. Blue Chip ranks high on my list. Rex

Birdbats
04-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Blue Chip was the subject of another thread a while ago.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1117729026/

Hope that helps.

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com

geoff
04-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys for the info and the help so far.Anyone else have something to say about this company.

REDS1999
04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Three years ago I purchased a game used baseball jersey from Blue Chip Sports and was very satisfied. The jersey was shipped quickly and when I called to inquire about the jersey prior to purchasing, I was given a friendly/full/accurate description.

Greg

davetiki
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with or gotten stuff from Blue Chip Sports? There website is bc-sports.com. They have a lot of bats but don't post any pics.

Thanks,

Dave Z

staindsox
01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
They're the worst ever. After several emails and several weeks I got a one line response...and that's after telling them I wanted to pay $600 for one of their bats and wanted to know how to pay. I was so damn angry at that point, I told them to stick it. I have never seen such crappy customer service and I don't even bother looking at their site anymore.

Chris

kylehess10
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
They have had the same items for sale on their website for YEARS now. They never take anything off so I don't believe they really have all that's on their website. I wouldn't trust them

wllump52
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I purchased a number of Giants bats from them about 2 1/2 years ago. These bats are still listed on their site. The bats were very nice and were as described and I was very pleased with the bats.

I contacted them recently to inquire whether their site was up to date and was told it was....:confused:

godwulf
01-17-2008, 12:14 AM
I was just about to post here, asking about Blue Chip. Pity that their rep seems to be what it is - they've got quite a few bats on their inventory list, reasonably priced, that I woudn't mind having.

I've been looking around for alternatives to eBay - just trying to see what's available elsewhere, and what the prices are like. Blue Chip was one that I found - the other is Left Field Collectibles. Anyone have experience with Left Field?

AWA85
01-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Always looking for different methods outside of EBAY, but for some reason I just can't get away from searching the bay.

MSpecht
01-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi --

Re: Left Field Collectibles--- the owner, Art Jaffe, is one of the very knowledgable game used bat guys out there, and is one of the pioneers of collecting GU bats. He provided numerous pictures for Vince Malta's new book, and has a very strong inventory of both vintage and modern bats. A good feature of his site is that if you click on the players name, images of the bat come up--- his site is a very good research resource. Art has helped many bat collectors over the years.

Good Luck

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

JETEFAN
01-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I have been dealing with Blue-Chip for years, Jim Popham the owner is one of greatest guys you could ever meet ! Sometimes is is difficult to reach them but if you ever deal with him, you won't have any problems, as for Left Field, as mentioned in the previous post by Mike, Art is one of the best in the buisness and a great person.

George

godwulf
01-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the info on Left Field and Blue Chip, guys.

Any auction alternatives to eBay that you can recommend?

AstrosCollector
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I have never purchased from them but have had mixed success with them responding to my emails. I believe Jim's wife runs the website and answers all the emails. Sometimes I have received an answer the very next day, sometimes it has taken 2-3 weeks, and sometimes I never hear back from them.

They don't have pictures of any of their bats and aren't willing to take individual photos for you.

camarokids
01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I purchased a number of Giants bats from them about 2 1/2 years ago. These bats are still listed on their site. The bats were very nice and were as described and I was very pleased with the bats.

I contacted them recently to inquire whether their site was up to date and was told it was....:confused:

This thread (Blue Chip Sports) has been discussed before .

Funny , I was told the same thing about the website being up to date .

It has been over a year , maybe close to 2 years now , I bought 5 bats from them . The bats are still listed in inventory on their website .

I don't think it is a matter of trust but rather a lack of time or more important priorities . I was told the owner is always traveling and into other business endeavors.....

Maybe they should sell the business to one of us ..............:D

davetiki
01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like the forum is 50/50. Five days before I posted the first message I had sent an email inquiring about photos for six bats. On Tuesday, I got an email from a lady saying that 3 of the bats were no longer available and one was a different model. She did not offer to send pictures but I replied back asking for some though. I have not heard back yet. They can't really expect to sell bats site unseen do they?

Regards,

Dave Z

godwulf
01-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Re: Left Field Collectibles--- the owner, Art Jaffe, is one of the very knowledgable game used bat guys out there, and is one of the pioneers of collecting GU bats. He provided numerous pictures for Vince Malta's new book, and has a very strong inventory of both vintage and modern bats. A good feature of his site is that if you click on the players name, images of the bat come up--- his site is a very good research resource. Art has helped many bat collectors over the years.

After reading your testimonial, I went ahead and bought three bats from Left Field last night. The shipping charge that came up when I went to pay by PayPal was $15 per bat, and since there was no mention of a combined shipping discount anywhere on the website, I just went ahead and paid the $45.

Today, I got an email from Art, along with a notice that I was being refunded $20, as I'd overpaid for shipping. Completely unexpected, but of course totally welcome, and very reassuring generally. This is pretty obviously an honest businessman, and I can't wait to see the bats.

Thanks!

slarcomold
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have a phone number for BLUE CHIP SPORTS ? Their website seems to be down, and I would like to contact them. Thanks in advance.
Tim

commando
01-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Does anyone have a phone number for BLUE CHIP SPORTS ? Their website seems to be down, and I would like to contact them. Thanks in advance.
Tim

I believe their number is 770-942-4187

davetiki
01-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Just to update one of my posts, I got an e-mail from Misty at Blue Chip today and it had 2 pictures of 2 of the bats I was interested in. She apologized for the delay.

Dave Z

MSpecht
01-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Dave-- do you have Blue Chip's email contact address from that reply? I'd like to inquire about several of the bats that were on their site last week also. Thanks in advance
Mike jackitout7@aol.com (jackitout7@aol.com)

davetiki
01-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Mike,

it is: JimPopham@aol.com

Good Luck,

Dave Z

godwulf
01-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Just a quick update on Left Field Collectibles.

As mentioned earlier, I ordered three bats from Left Field the evening of 1/17. Today, the 24th, they came, safely packaged and beautiful and all the way from New Jersey to Arizona.

As I frequently write in my eBay feedback: Most Highly Recommended Seller!

cigarman44
01-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I bought a Preston Wilson bat from Left Field Collectibles about 3 months ago. They had it noted as a Cardinals bat and that the ring looked purple because of the pine tar. Sure enough when I got it it was a 2003 Rockies bat. I emailed them and they promptly told me to send it back for a refund. So was fair on his part. Only problem was that it was damaged in shipping on the way back to them through FedEx and I still have not received a word from them or refund after I was told I would get one. So I stopped using FedEx and took a 125.00 loss. :rolleyes:

One thing about Left Field is that they never update their inventory either. Ive talked to people that bought bats years ago and they are still on the site.

bigtruck260
01-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I bought a Preston Wilson bat from Left Field Collectibles about 3 months ago. They had it noted as a Cardinals bat and that the ring looked purple because of the pine tar. Sure enough when I got it it was a 2003 Rockies bat. I emailed them and they promptly told me to send it back for a refund. So was fair on his part. Only problem was that it was damaged in shipping on the way back to them through FedEx and I still have not received a word from them or refund after I was told I would get one. So I stopped using FedEx and took a 125.00 loss. :rolleyes:

One thing about Left Field is that they never update their inventory either. Ive talked to people that bought bats years ago and they are still on the site.

Funny you mention that Joe. That Lankford bat I sold you is STILL on that site. I bought it in 2004 - and the other Lankford I had from them...another member now has - and yes, it is still there.

I thing Art is a great guy, and he has been very helpful. But if you bid on the eBay acutions they run, don't try to make any offers...even on bats that don't sell. They are firm on prices.

Sorry to hear about that Preston bat too. His Cards bats are TOUGH to find. I am looking for one - but if I find it in STL, I'll call you - he is not high on my want list.

Dave

godwulf
01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Re: Left Field Collectibles.

I notice that the bats I recently bought are still listed on the site, but when you click on them, there is a "SOLD" beside the price. Do the bats that you bought, that are still listed, have that notation?

MSpecht
03-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Just another note--

Over the past two months I have bought several bats each from Leftfield Collectibles (Art Jaffe) and also Blue Chip Sports, and all transactions with both were smooth, quickly done, and the bats were outstanding as advertised.

Thanks!

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Dewey2007
03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I just received the bat I recently ordered from Left Field Collectibles and I am happy with the purchase. It arrived pretty quickly and was as advertised.

A couple of days after I ordered it I noticed that they had the bat listed as "Sold" on their website so they updated it very quickly.

2000mvpfan
03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
...I ordered 2 from LeftField last nite (A Lew Fonseca & a Robin Ventura) and as of THIS MORNING they both were marked sold on the website.So he must update regularly...

Sincityson
04-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Just a quick question.. Has anyone called/emailed Blue Chip lately and received a response? I'm guessing it's the same deal as discussed many times before in this forum, limited replies, etc..

Also, anyone know if that selection of bats they have is even still available?

godwulf
04-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Over the past two months I have bought several bats each from Leftfield Collectibles (Art Jaffe) and also Blue Chip Sports, and all transactions with both were smooth, quickly done, and the bats were outstanding as advertised.

My recent experience with both dealers has been the same as yours.

Rob L
05-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Just curious. I'm interested in several items they have on their website, but they don't seem to big on returning calls or email. The website doesn't have pictures of the items which blows. Any one have past history with them? Thanks.

cjmedina1
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Its funny you mention that.I got an email with some pitchers of a 89 Mcgwire bat.I sent a reply if they can send pitchers of the use.I got no reply. I sent it again and I just called their number and left a message.So hopefully I here something soon.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Dewey2007
05-13-2008, 03:57 PM
In the last week I've gotten two e-mail replies from a person named Misty on bats I inquired about. She replied the next day after my first inquiry. Neither was in stock so I don't know how up-to-date their listings are.

cjmedina1
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
In the last week I've gotten two e-mail replies from a person named Misty on bats I inquired about. She replied the next day after my first inquiry. Neither was in stock so I don't know how up-to-date their listings are.
Thats the same lady who responded to me with an email. Hopefully Misty will respond here shortly.

Carlie Medina III

JETEFAN
05-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I have dealt with Jim from Blue Chip many times over the years, it's always been a please to deal with him. He stands behind everything he sells. Jim is sometimes hard to get ahold of, Misty came on board to help Jim out and the last time I spoke to Jim, he was working on revamping and updating his web site. Worth the wait.

George

thrush29
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Bought my first ever game used bat from them in the early 90's. They were a little hard to get in touch with back then, but I am extremely satisfied with the purchase. The bat is still the favorite in my collection. Good Luck!

MSpecht
05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I had occasion to purchase a few bats from them within the last couple of months--- quick service (email and phone), fast delivery, and great as-described bats.

A search on GUU will bring up a previous thread within the past two months or so (actually here is the link http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=13611&highlight=blue+chip ) that gives positive feedback to Blue Chip as well as Left Field Collectibles (they were both mentioned in the thread.)

Mike jackitout7@aol.com (jackitout7@aol.com)

godwulf
05-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Great customer service and great bats. The lack of updating on the inventory list would be my only complaint. I recently inquired about four or five bats, all listed as available, and was told that all but one had been sold.

Sincityson
05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Great customer service and great bats. The lack of updating on the inventory list would be my only complaint. I recently inquired about four or five bats, all listed as available, and was told that all but one had been sold.

Did you inquire by phone or email? I attempted both inquiring about a bat, and did not recieve an email reply and it seems no one ever picks up the phone..

If they ever do pick up the phone, what is the best time to call?

godwulf
05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I emailed, and got a reply within a day or two.

Sincityson
05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Forgot to mention, is their email address still current: jimpopham@aol.com ?

cjmedina1
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Just an FYI I still have not heard from them yet. I've called and sent emails twice.Still waiting for a response.Maybe they went on vacation :confused:

Carlie Medina III

hiramman
05-17-2008, 11:36 PM
That's pretty standard procedure for Blue Chip since Paul Kinzer sold the company to the current owners. The website doesn't have photos, it's not up-to-date and phone calls & emails are sometimes answered and sometimes not. I live close by and even I'd feel uncomfortable dealing with them. With the way they conduct their business, I'd be scared to send them payment of any kind, if receiving your purchase would be handled the same way they respond to email & calls you may never receive anything. Just an observation.

Sincityson
05-18-2008, 12:25 AM
With the way they conduct their business, I'd be scared to send them payment of any kind, if receiving your purchase would be handled the same way they respond to email & calls you may never receive anything. Just an observation.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. It's unfortunate that it's dealt with that way, they have (or had) some decent bats..

HENMICK44
10-19-2008, 05:32 PM
HAS ANYONE DEALT WITH THEM GOOD OR BAD? HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET

HENMICK44
10-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Nevermind, Saw All The Old Post.some Good Some Very Bad.

Jayworld
12-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Has anyone had any dealings, either positive or negative, from Blue Chip Sports? I just came across their site, and the prices look to be pretty good.

Here's the link:
http://bc-sports.com/index.htm

Thanks,
Jay

AWA85
12-22-2009, 09:21 AM
From my experience their lists or VERY VERY outdated. Example, the Larkin bats they have listed were not in stock 2 summers ago! :rolleyes:

Fairly hard to get a hold of also, but if you do and they have the item they are good to work with.

dcgreg25
12-22-2009, 09:57 AM
The list is incredibly outdated and should not be relied upon. Not a bad group just tough to get a hold of and nail down. Do a search of the GUU forum on them and you will find lots of information/opinions on them.

PwKw13
12-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I've tried e-mailing several times with questions -- no responses.

staindsox
12-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Worst company I have ever dealt with. They never return emails. Even if they have something I want, I won't buy from them anymore.

eisenreich8
12-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I've purchased 2 GU bats from them in the past couple of months, via eBay auctions, (nothing fancy) and I have been very pleased.

I haven't relied on their outdated lists but anything appearing on eBay is on my radar.

5kRunner
12-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I've purchased 2 GU bats from them in the past couple of months, via eBay auctions, (nothing fancy) and I have been very pleased.

I haven't relied on their outdated lists but anything appearing on eBay is on my radar.

Agreed. I even got additional pics emailed to me within a few hours. I was very pleased with their service.

AWA85
12-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Not to keep ripping on them, but even their voice mail is full. Maybe an extended vacation going on or something. :cool:

murfsteve25
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
My emails were ansered quickly w/ pics. i was interested in 2 jerseys from them...the first one they wanted $800, the second one they wanted $400. Told them those jerseys werent worth anywhere near what they wanted for em and was able to talk them down to $600 total for both. Thought about it and 600 was still too high...ended up saying screw it. Thought that was kinda weird that they wanted 1200 for both...then their second offer was 600. :confused:

jays78
12-22-2009, 08:23 PM
I bought a 2003 Rod Barajas Diamondbacks Sam Bat from them earlier this year, they were great to deal with, you're right their list is outdated, but I had no issues with them at all

WadeInBmore
12-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I've purchased from them in the past. Emails took on average a day for a response, sometimes sooner. They were always very thorough and fair IMO. They always answered every question (never skipping or avoiding any:D ). And pictures to boot, from every angle imaginable. I even had some rather lengthy telephone conversations with Jim. Very genuine and honest. An absolutely pleasure to talk too.

But thats my experience, take it for what you want. Happy Holidays.

wade

PwKw13
12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Are there two businesses named Blue Chip Sports?? It sounds like people are dealing with totally different entities.:rolleyes:

STLHAMMER32
12-22-2009, 11:54 PM
worked with both Jim and Sharon on items in the past from Blue Chip and could not have been happier. They came down on prices and responded almost instantly before and after the transaction. I would recommend them to anyone.

The only downside is their website.....it is almost worthless with what is displayed. No pictures and the inventory is not up to date. Some of their prices are out of date and can be pretty overpriced...they will work with you from what I experienced.