PDA

View Full Version : Old Bob Feller Wheaties Ad?

metsbats
12-30-2008, 04:17 PM
I purchased this at an antique shop in Mass. years ago and wondering what this is. I think it's an original Wheaties ad feature Bob Feller from a magazine (the picture is two separate sheets of paper placed side by side.

Anyone have any opinions and what it maybe worth?

Thanks

ironmanfan
12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
My thoughts are that the center fold is due to it being in the middle of a magazine at one time. I don't think these are terribly rare and may be worth $100-$150 total framed as is. If you can remove the item, it may be a nice idea to have Feller sign it and re-frame it (insert your Bob Feller has signed everything joke here).

metsbats
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your opinion Ironmanfan.

I think this piece would be rarer if I don't get Bob to sign it :D

thestork7
02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Neat piece.

I definetly don't think it's worth $100-150,though. I have several similar old ads...Hillerich&Bradsby, GE, etc. and I was able to pick them up on ebay for $10-15.

metsmetsmets
02-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I agree with all of the above posters in that the Feller ad is relatively inexpensive and definitely worth a lot less than the frame and matting.

Having said that though, the print is aesthetically pleasing. It's nice to look at, and also, makes for a nice conversation piece.

On a personal note (and I know that you didn't ask for this) but I don't collect based on future value, and I've never acquired an item based on what I might be able to sell it for at a later date. Some of my own favorite collectibles were acquired for pocket change.

That framed Feller ad is a beaut!

metsbats
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys for your comments. I saw these unframed ads on ebay for those prices. Thought these would be rarer unless there are repros out there.