PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Jerry Rice jersey

sonic
12-31-2008, 04:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180317288941

Interesting (not in a good way) that the auction photos show the Wilson sleeve logos to the right of the TV numbers yet Getty Images #71339898 and #71339894 show the Wilson sleeve logos above the TV numbers.

Any thoughts?

sonic
12-31-2008, 05:00 AM
Ooops, title should read 1994...

mvandor
12-31-2008, 08:55 AM
KC played SF but once that year, in week 2, and that just happens to be the game the pics on Getty are attributed to that show the 'w' above the numerals on the away jersey.

Therefore, the story in the LOA does not jive AT ALL.

MichaelofSF
12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah I saw that last night. I noticed the W placement on the getty photos as well. I had emailed the seller last night asking what color the paint marks were on the jersey (in case it was used in the preseason or something), but received no such response. In 94 the niners started wearing the throwbacks full time toward the begining of the season so not many games that that style jersey was worn. The jersey has sold.

lon lewis
12-31-2008, 04:40 PM
For whart it's worth,This jersey was sent to me by an auction house last month for review/ opinion. Lets start with the patch in the wrong place, a date code of HZ, (Dec '95) what appears to be manufactured wear (heavy), sleeve numbers that don't match with the game tape,the sleeve numbers are sewn differently than the front and back numbers,the spandex side panels had been sewn together at some point to make the jersey narrower and the the stitches were subsequently removed but they left the threads hanging out, the thread around the numbers is falling apart, and as mentioned, the Wilson logos are in the wrong place. there were a few other items, but you get the idea.

mfsquirrelmaster
01-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Looks like a board member got the jersey with a best offer of $1500.

mvandor
01-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Looks like a board member got the jersey with a best offer of $1500.

Wouldn't a board member read this thread and well, know better???

jppopma
01-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Hard to say of they read it or not. Could be a leap of faith and hope its better in person, but at $1500 I doubt that. On the other hand, we have to face it that not everybody is on the up and up and you never know when or how a jersey will resurface.

Dewey2007
01-02-2009, 01:16 AM
The jersey was purchased by a very respected football jersey collector on the forum so maybe he'll share insight into his purchase of this jersey.

mvandor
01-02-2009, 08:04 AM
The jersey was purchased by a very respected football jersey collector on the forum so maybe he'll share insight into his purchase of this jersey.

Would love to hear his take on why he thinks Lon Lewis is wrong on this jersey, and he's right. :)

RKGIBSON
01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I did agree to buy this item due to the paperwork, if all my questions would be answered and satisfied before shipping and that if it was shipped it was to match a 94 game tape or I would expect a refund.

The owner would not confirm, or deny, the Wilson date code on the tagging. His answer to everything was it is a great jersey that his father bought directly from the charity auction and that it had never been out of his, or his fathers, possession. I referred him to this thread and ask if this was the jersey that Lon Lewis had inspected for a auction company. I ask him if he had in fact submitted it to a auction company. He would only maintain that it had not been out of his possession. We mutually agreed that it would be best for him to keep it and he issued me a full refund. I did not see the jersey in person as it was not shipped to me, so I know no more about it. I do believe this is a guy who honestly believes it is what the letter says.

Roger