Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pietraynor
    • Nov 2005

Favre Jets Gamer on NFL.com

Any guesses as to the final price? Should be fun to watch. Jay.
  • mvandor
    Banned
    • Apr 2007

Re: Favre Jets Gamer on NFL.com

It'll go very overpriced, in a few years his Jet gear will be worth far less than his Packers gear, and the buyer will never get his money out of it because he'll always be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet.

Examples abound, OJ with SF, Namath with the Rams, Unitas with the Chargers.

Comment

• lisicki
      • Dec 2005

As A Jets fan, I have to agree. Unfortunately, the only way to get a hold of one of his Jets jerseys is to overpay. I don't think we will see a Favre Jets jersey out there anytime soon for under 1K....

Comment

• mdube16
        • Jun 2007

Im thinking 12-13k

Comment

• cjclong
          • Feb 2006

Some of the Jet players were really ripping Farve after the loss. Anyone think he will be back?

Comment

• indyred
            • May 2006

Anyone know what the tag says under the year size tag in the neck? I wonder if that is a special thing the Jets added to Favre gamers? If you look on getty they have a couple pages of shots of Brett from this game. Anyone blow up and see if the NFL neck log matches up. It does look solid, I was trying to figure out if you can tell if he used two different jerseys in the game. Spot any differences in his jerseys from the game. I don't know how to blow up the pictures and they don't say when each picture was taken in the game. You can see a shot of him walking off the field after the game and it looks like C patch is almost falling off. Here is a link to the auction, didn't see it posted yet.

My guess for final price is $9,850

Comment

• Gillymo
              • Jan 2009

Comment

• fredgarvin
                • Sep 2007

$11,004.00. Favre is done in NY....

Comment

• Billyu40
                  • Oct 2007

Would it be worth more if he wore it for the whole game and not just a half?

Comment

• mdube16
                    • Jun 2007

Maybe we'll see it on the GUU Store...look who the current high bidder is!

Comment

• jobathenut
                      • Nov 2008

not the same sports,but just like wizards mjs and blues gretzky items....youd think cause they didnt play for the teams very long,there will be more value to them.....
                      Originally posted by mvandor
                      It'll go very overpriced, in a few years his Jet gear will be worth far less than his Packers gear, and the buyer will never get his money out of it because he'll always be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet.

Examples abound, OJ with SF, Namath with the Rams, Unitas with the Chargers.

Comment

• AWA85
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jobathenut
                        not the same sports,but just like wizards mjs and blues gretzky items....youd think cause they didnt play for the teams very long,there will be more value to them.....

I would kind of guess it is the opposite, after awhile everyone will always remember him as a Packer. Farve fans and football fans won't think about his year with the Jets or consider him a Jet at all, making the Packers jerseys more valuable.
                        Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• sonic
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by AWA85
                          I would kind of guess it is the opposite, after awhile everyone will always remember him as a Packer. Farve fans and football fans won't think about his year with the Jets or consider him a Jet at all, making the Packers jerseys more valuable.
                          I agree.

The comeback didn't go well and it's sad that he'll end his career being ripped by teammates and coaches for everything from his attitude to his poor game play. IMO his comeback really tarnished his legacy and when the dust settles people will want to forget about his season as a Jet.

The kicker is that apparently the Jets may have had him wear a jersey per half so there are potentially over 30 GU jerseys that could hit the market. That would kill any investment value the jerseys could have based on scarcity.

Comment

• mvandor
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2007

Ask yourself this.

Would I rather own a Namath Jets GU jersey or a Namath Rams? Would I rather own a Unitas Colts GU jersey or a Unitas Chargers?

Next subject.

Comment

• jobathenut
                              • Nov 2008

i was just making the point,that cause he only may play one season with them,as mj did i think with the wizards and gretzky did with the blues that there isnt or wont be as many items out there cause of only playing one season of 16 games it limits the amount of items compared to the many seasons he or they played for thier main team,so a game used item for the jets would be more rare,so i would think it would more valuable,but again im no "expert"in this field as others on here are,its just my thoughts......

Comment

Working...