PDA

View Full Version : Favre Jets Gamer on NFL.com

pietraynor
01-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Any guesses as to the final price? Should be fun to watch. Jay.

mvandor
01-01-2009, 09:44 PM
It'll go very overpriced, in a few years his Jet gear will be worth far less than his Packers gear, and the buyer will never get his money out of it because he'll always be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet.

Examples abound, OJ with SF, Namath with the Rams, Unitas with the Chargers.

lisicki
01-01-2009, 10:12 PM
As A Jets fan, I have to agree. Unfortunately, the only way to get a hold of one of his Jets jerseys is to overpay. I don't think we will see a Favre Jets jersey out there anytime soon for under 1K....

mdube16
01-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Im thinking 12-13k

cjclong
01-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Some of the Jet players were really ripping Farve after the loss. Anyone think he will be back?

indyred
01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Anyone know what the tag says under the year size tag in the neck? I wonder if that is a special thing the Jets added to Favre gamers? If you look on getty they have a couple pages of shots of Brett from this game. Anyone blow up and see if the NFL neck log matches up. It does look solid, I was trying to figure out if you can tell if he used two different jerseys in the game. Spot any differences in his jerseys from the game. I don't know how to blow up the pictures and they don't say when each picture was taken in the game. You can see a shot of him walking off the field after the game and it looks like C patch is almost falling off. Here is a link to the auction, didn't see it posted yet.
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=101102001&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=101448711

My guess for final price is $9,850

Gillymo
01-03-2009, 11:41 AM

fredgarvin
01-04-2009, 08:33 AM
$11,004.00. Favre is done in NY....

Billyu40
01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Would it be worth more if he wore it for the whole game and not just a half?

mdube16
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Maybe we'll see it on the GUU Store...look who the current high bidder is!

jobathenut
01-05-2009, 01:03 AM
not the same sports,but just like wizards mjs and blues gretzky items....youd think cause they didnt play for the teams very long,there will be more value to them.....:)
It'll go very overpriced, in a few years his Jet gear will be worth far less than his Packers gear, and the buyer will never get his money out of it because he'll always be remembered as a Packer, not a Jet.

Examples abound, OJ with SF, Namath with the Rams, Unitas with the Chargers.

AWA85
01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
not the same sports,but just like wizards mjs and blues gretzky items....youd think cause they didnt play for the teams very long,there will be more value to them.....:)

I would kind of guess it is the opposite, after awhile everyone will always remember him as a Packer. Farve fans and football fans won't think about his year with the Jets or consider him a Jet at all, making the Packers jerseys more valuable.

sonic
01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I would kind of guess it is the opposite, after awhile everyone will always remember him as a Packer. Farve fans and football fans won't think about his year with the Jets or consider him a Jet at all, making the Packers jerseys more valuable.

I agree.

The comeback didn't go well and it's sad that he'll end his career being ripped by teammates and coaches for everything from his attitude to his poor game play. IMO his comeback really tarnished his legacy and when the dust settles people will want to forget about his season as a Jet.

The kicker is that apparently the Jets may have had him wear a jersey per half so there are potentially over 30 GU jerseys that could hit the market. That would kill any investment value the jerseys could have based on scarcity.

mvandor
01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Ask yourself this.

Would I rather own a Namath Jets GU jersey or a Namath Rams? Would I rather own a Unitas Colts GU jersey or a Unitas Chargers?

Next subject.

jobathenut
01-06-2009, 01:32 AM
i was just making the point,that cause he only may play one season with them,as mj did i think with the wizards and gretzky did with the blues that there isnt or wont be as many items out there cause of only playing one season of 16 games it limits the amount of items compared to the many seasons he or they played for thier main team,so a game used item for the jets would be more rare,so i would think it would more valuable,but again im no "expert"in this field as others on here are,its just my thoughts......:)

lund6771
01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
i was just making the point,that cause he only may play one season with them,as mj did i think with the wizards and gretzky did with the blues that there isnt or wont be as many items out there cause of only playing one season of 16 games it limits the amount of items compared to the many seasons he or they played for thier main team,so a game used item for the jets would be more rare,so i would think it would more valuable,but again im no "expert"in this field as others on here are,its just my thoughts......:)

A Jets gamer will be more rare, but I think that the Packers jersey is more desireable....generally speaking

so I would think that a Packers jersey would be more valuable

On the other hand, if you have 2 huge Favre fans that want a Jets gamer for their collection and are going head to head in an auction, anything could happen

suicide_squeeze
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Love him or hate him, he's an NFL legend....

I guess this item reaches about $16,000 at the hammer.

MichaelofSF
01-08-2009, 02:03 AM
It appears that Favre may have been changing jerseys at half all season. A white away gamer from the Raiders game offered by Hunt Auctions
http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=36&lot_num=204&lot_qual=d&url_referer=search.cfm

AWA85
01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Ask yourself this.

Would I rather own a Namath Jets GU jersey or a Namath Rams? Would I rather own a Unitas Colts GU jersey or a Unitas Chargers?

Next subject.

For us younger generation.... A Jordan Bulls jersey or a Jordan Wizards jersey?

I agree, next subject ;)

jobathenut
01-10-2009, 02:52 AM
did you want a answer before the next subject cause mine would be a wizards mj please.....not to many people can say they have them.....:)

helmets
01-10-2009, 10:03 AM
If it is true that he changed jerseys at halftime of each game, then there is at least 32 Jets jerseys out there, not to mention preseason jerseys as well. During Favre's early days at GB, I doubt it very much if he had a different jersey for each game. Like most rostered players, he probably wore two home and two away for the entire season.

beantown
01-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Here's another one.....
http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=36&lot_num=204&lot_qual=d&url_referer=view_featured_items_list.cfm

AWA85
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
$8,220.....nice chunk of change!

indyred
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I do like how they have the added tag code in the neck area of the jersey.

gwh11
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
I'd consider selling one of my Packers Favre gamers for that sum. But all in all, it's a fair price. I thought it would've gone a little higher.

Guy

gridman80
01-13-2009, 10:40 PM
If it is true that he changed jerseys at halftime of each game, then there is at least 32 Jets jerseys out there, not to mention preseason jerseys as well. During Favre's early days at GB, I doubt it very much if he had a different jersey for each game. Like most rostered players, he probably wore two home and two away for the entire season.

Before the season began I heard the rumor that Favre would change jerseys at halftime from a team source....
I HD-DVR'd all the games and did notice he changed jerseys at halftime of each game..so there could be as many as 36 Jets game used jerseys out there (he played 3 pre-season games)...No way one of 38 jets gamers could be worth as much as a legit photo matchable packers piece...especially an early one such a 1993 with the Pack anniversary patch or a 1994 with the 75th patch.

cohibasmoker
01-13-2009, 11:09 PM
$8,220.....nice chunk of change!

I guess the economy isn't so bad after all.

Jim

gridman80
01-14-2009, 06:26 PM
I guess the economy isn't so bad after all.

Jim

12 months ago this jersey goes for $12K.....3 years from now it goes for $5K tops.

cohibasmoker
01-17-2009, 11:26 PM
12 months ago this jersey goes for $12K.....3 years from now it goes for $5K tops.

How can that be? 12 Months ago Bush was the President and 3 years from now Obama will be the President. Once Obama is in, everything is going to be wonderful.

Jim

scottanservitz
01-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Let's not forget the big problems with those Favre Packers jerseys that was written about. Sure, everyone wants a Packer jersey, but with the provenance with these Jets jerseys, even worn for just a half atleast you know they are legit. That in and of itself commands a premium. The economy isn't good, but there are plenty of collectors with lots of coin who will always be able to pay. The price of this gamer just proves that.
Scott

mvandor
01-18-2009, 12:08 AM
How can that be? 12 Months ago Bush was the President and 3 years from now Obama will be the President. Once Obama is in, everything is going to be wonderful.

Jim

Not funny, work on your material.