PDA

View Full Version : Mlb Tv Debuts Tonight !!

thomecollector
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
i Am Stoked ! Been Watching The Previews All Day. It Looks Like The Content Is Going To Be Awesome.

markize
01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I was watching the previews as well on 12/31. I think "studio 42" is going to be great. It will be cool to have actual players doing demos, and actually throwing pitches which will be tracked with special cameras. They gave the example of showing how Mo Rivera throws his cutter, and the cameras showing how it breaks from different angles.

Mark

yanks12025
01-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Can't wait. I dont have the channel in my room but its in the other room. Now we'll have a real baseball show. Baseball tonight on ESPN was a joke, they all hated the yankees and were wrong with everything they said.

dodgersfan
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
What channel will it be on Directv?
Thanks!

Rudy

i Am Stoked ! Been Watching The Previews All Day. It Looks Like The Content Is Going To Be Awesome.

yanks12025
01-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Go to this link and type in your zip code and it will tell you.

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/index.jsp

Billyu40
01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
213 on Directv

Mr.3000
01-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Do I have to have a sports package to get this channel? I have Comcast and it's 280. But I only get 278 then 290 next.

thomecollector
01-01-2009, 03:12 PM
:D It's supposed to be free. If you have cable/direct tv. It doesn't list it yet on my cable yet either. It starts to broadcast @ 6PM Eastern. Try it then.

markize
01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Do I have to have a sports package to get this channel? I have Comcast and it's 280. But I only get 278 then 290 next.

I also have comcast, and was under the impression it was part of the sports package that includes NFL, NBA, NHL, and several other sports channels. I paid $5/month for the sports package. My guide lists "hot stove" from 6-7, and classic MLB baseball with don larsens perfect game from game 5 of the 1956 world series from 7-10. Hope this helps.

Mark

Mr.3000
01-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I also have comcast, and was under the impression it was part of the sports package that includes NFL, NBA, NHL, and several other sports channels. I paid $5/month for the sports package. My guide lists "hot stove" from 6-7, and classic MLB baseball with don larsens perfect game from game 5 of the 1956 world series from 7-10. Hope this helps.

Mark

It did, thank you. I just ordered the sports package. Nothing yet, but should take effect shortly.

Mr.3000
01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok, just got off the phone..again with my my idiotic Comcast.

1st - they say it's included in the $6/mo sports package. So I order it.

Then - they say, no it's not included. SO I cancel that package.

Then - they say it costs $40 a month. :eek: But won't be available until spring '09!

I am asking for MLBtv right? I want to make sure I'm not the dummy asking for the wrong thing.

allstarsplus
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
213 on Directv

Thanks. I am out of town now and can't wait to get back and add it to my Fav channels!!!

thomecollector
01-01-2009, 05:12 PM

Then - they say it costs $40 a month. :eek: But won't be available until spring '09!

I am asking for MLBtv right? I want to make sure I'm not the dummy asking for the wrong thing.
Sorry for the confusion. But it is called the MLB Network. They might have it confused with the pay service we pay every year to watch all those out of market games. Hope this helps.:)

Mr.3000
01-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Sorry for the confusion. But it is called the MLB Network. They might have it confused with the pay service we pay every year to watch all those out of market games. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks. I spoke with them again. They now say it's included with the $6/mo package (that I had originally ordered!) but .....get this....the channel won't be available in my area until atleast spring '09.

Then they asked if I'd like to order it. lol

I'm done. I really can't tolerate people collecting paychecks just to sit there and give me wrong information. Maybe I'm wrong for expecting too much from people in today's society.

I need a nap.

lol

jppopma
01-01-2009, 07:01 PM
This should be alot of fun. Hopefully they show alot of the old games like they do on ESPN classic. I can picture us all grabbing our old jerseys and watching intently trying to match little things up.

markize
01-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Mr 3000,

If I may, what state are you in? Mine is only $5/month, and was part of a package that included the NFL, NHL, NBA networks plus a few others. I originally ordered the package to get NFL network. When I did I also asked about MLB network, and was told, like you, it MAY not be available right away. It is, however, working just fine now. In fact they have been previewing it for a few days now on channel 280. By the way, I live in PA. Sorry to hear they are jerking you around.

Mark

Mr.3000
01-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Mr 3000,

If I may, what state are you in? Mine is only $5/month, and was part of a package that included the NFL, NHL, NBA networks plus a few others. I originally ordered the package to get NFL network. When I did I also asked about MLB network, and was told, like you, it MAY not be available right away. It is, however, working just fine now. In fact they have been previewing it for a few days now on channel 280. By the way, I live in PA. Sorry to hear they are jerking you around.

Mark

I'm in Va. When I go to "280" it automatically sends me to 281. No 280 even on "menu".

Billyu40
01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
FYI

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=281&f=2054&t=3250902

NOT CARRYING

• Adams CATV
• Antietam Cable
• Armstrong
• Atlantic Broadband Finance, LLC
• Baja Broadband (formerly Orange Broadband)
• Braintree Electric Light (BELD)
• Bristol Virginia Utilities
• Buford Cable
• Cable Co-Op Inc.
• Cable One
• Columbia Power and Water
• Dalton Utilities
• EchoStar-DISH Network
• EnTouch Systems
• Everest Connections
• Full Channel TV
• Grande Communications
• Insight
• Knology
• Marco Cable (Great Lakes DSB)
• Mediacom
• New Wave Communications
• NCTC
• Suddenlink Communications
• Vision
• Vista Media
• Wave Broadband (formerly Starstream Comm)
• WOW

Vintagedeputy
01-01-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm in Richmond, Va and have Comcast.

I flipped on Ch. 280 and saw ballplayers that I never saw play before - Larson's perfect game was a joy to watch! THANK YOU MLB!!!!!!!!! :)

dcrules01
01-02-2009, 12:34 AM
That game was so vintage my god imagine being there..Baseball was baseball funny thing is those jerseys the players are worth more today if you can find them than the athlete was paid back then..

thomecollector
01-02-2009, 02:00 AM
I live VA too! Newport News, to be exact. I have it on Cox Cable channel 214. Isn't life great ?:D

schubert1970
01-02-2009, 03:20 AM
This is cooooooool. Now I can't wait for baseball season!!!!!

3arod13
01-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm in Richmond, Va and have Comcast.

I flipped on Ch. 280 and saw ballplayers that I never saw play before - Larson's perfect game was a joy to watch! THANK YOU MLB!!!!!!!!! :)

Larson's perfect game was a joy to watch! Wathing the game, I found how spoiled I am today with instand replays. Automatically expected to see a reply after Mantles great catch...the missed HR...etc.

3arod13
01-02-2009, 06:19 AM
I live VA too! Newport News, to be exact. I have it on Cox Cable channel 214. Isn't life great ?:D

Chesapeake, VA and I enjoyed watching 214 all night. I love baseball!!

skyking26
01-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Chesapeake, VA and I enjoyed watching 214 all night. I love baseball!!
Don't have it...

godwulf
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Wathing the game, I found how spoiled I am today with instand replays. Automatically expected to see a reply after Mantles great catch...the missed HR...etc.

I'm afraid they even spoil us at the ballpark, showing the great plays up on the big screen. When I go to a minor league game now, where there is no "jumbotron", and I miss a play, I catch myself thinking, "No big deal, I'll just...DOH!"

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned for the MLB Network.

yanks12025
01-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Mine is working now, i just had to reboot the box. I wish they had games with Ruth and gehrig playing.

gannonknight85
01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Erie, PA, time warner channel 326 was on all day at my house and I too am pumped for the season to start, also in the process of convincing the girlfriend to go to spring training in AZ this year, Baseball makes life so much better doesn't it?

marinersbaseballfan21
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm in Washington, and I originally tried to get the channel on yesterday but there was no one in the offices so I had to wait until today. When I after spending 20 minutes on hold they said I can only get it with a special package with a bunch of channels that cost $17 a month!!! I can't pay $17 a month for one channel, even if it is the perfect channel. Is this for real!!!!!!

ndevlin
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I really wish they will start playing something new. Every "Hot Stove" they run is a replay. I was hoping it would have been more of a Sportscenter, more live. Its the same thing all day.

NBATV plays "Hardwood Classics" of full games from the 1960's-present. I really enjoy that, I just wish MLB would do something like that here pretty soon.

otismalibu
01-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Anyone want to trade NFLN for my MLBTV?

allstarsplus
01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I really wish they will start playing something new. Every "Hot Stove" they run is a replay. I was hoping it would have been more of a Sportscenter, more live. Its the same thing all day.

NBATV plays "Hardwood Classics" of full games from the 1960's-present. I really enjoy that, I just wish MLB would do something like that here pretty soon.

The wiffle ball BP they did with Upton was interesting, but for a new Channel they will end up like the NFL Channel real soon if they aren't pumping in fresh stuff. Like you said, the replays of the "Hot Stove" is turning into a cold oven......

ndevlin
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, the Upton thing was kinda cool, the first of five times I saw it on the tube:-).

I know they just started, but dang, they need to get a variety. The replay of this years World Series, yep, that was a quick channel change. This years Home Run Derby, played it yesterday and are playing again multiple times today. How about they play something from 1993 for example? Maybe something from the 60's or 70's? Or maybe better/up to date MLB rumors on the Hot Stove. I didnt realize the Hot Stove was going to be reruns.

A little disappointed overall, thus far.