PDA

View Full Version : MLB authenticity hologram issues

notxpensv4u
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Just bought a game used bat and the hologram in the MLB database says it was located in database but gives no game. Has anyone else experienced this? Can it be fixed? Who to contact? Any info will be very helpful. Thanks,Tim

David
01-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I think the details are entered by accountants and can be spartan or worded differently that sports collectors might chose-- so you would not be a first to comment on this issue.

TNTtoys
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Some game used items cannot be attributed to a single game such as bats and uniforms; whereas others can, such as bases. There are exceptions of course, such as Mother's Day pink bats, special one-off unforms like heritage nights & turn back the clock events.

Sometimes a date is applied to a MLB hologram logo as the day in which the item is collected; however, that item might have been used for the weeks preceding. I wouldn't get too carried away with the date associated to an individual hologram sticker.

Tedw9
01-05-2009, 05:18 PM
I think what he is saying is that the box where the information is supposed to be shown it is comming up blank. I am having that same problem right now. I just purchased a locker name plate but it gives me no information. I thought it was a Java problem and updated my Java with no luck. I have even tried different browsers with no luck. I just fired off an email to MLB with the problem, lets see if they respond or try to fix it.

jrhrlh
01-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I am having the same problem on some locker nameplates but not only are some showing no info I have a few that are listed as the wrong nameplate. I also had the same issue with a GU base I purchased.

maccamania
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Just bought a game used bat and the hologram in the MLB database says it was located in database but gives no game. Has anyone else experienced this? Can it be fixed? Who to contact? Any info will be very helpful. Thanks,Tim

It drives me just nuts !!! I have a good amount of MLB authenticated items and sometimes they show up and sometimes they just dont and its a blank screen and the part that drives me even more crazy is some of the current items is listed and the older ones do not, I do hope its not just pure laziness on MLB's part.

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I had a post about this a few weeks ago. On my house computer it will come up blank, but when I enter the same hologram # on my work computer, it comes up everytime. Something with browser probably.