PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Autographed David Ortiz BP Jersey

maccamania
01-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Red BP jersey was purchased from Sportsworld MA and comes with their LOA, SW has one of the best Red Sox connections in the hobby.
$375.00 shipped, Size is XXL and has faded #34 on neck tag.
Richl59@verizon.net

maccamania
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Price is now $350 delivered

hblakewolf
01-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Is it possible to post a photo of Ortiz or any Sox player wearing such a pre-game void of the players' uniform number sewn on back?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

maccamania
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Red BP jersey was purchased from Sportsworld MA and comes with their LOA, SW has one of the best Red Sox connections in the hobby.
$375.00 shipped, Size is XXL and has faded #34 on neck tag.
Richl59@verizon.net

I have added SportsWorld LOA

maccamania
01-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Is it possible to post a photo of Ortiz or any Sox player wearing such a pre-game void of the players' uniform number sewn on back?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Howard,

I will try to find a photo, I do know on occasion, players wear trainers and BP shirts with no numbers. I have added SportsWorld loa to the listing , I have dealt with them for a long time with no issues. They have a very good RedSox source that they have had for many many years and anyone that collects RedSox items is well aware of this.....

hblakewolf
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm aware that Sportworld has sold many great Sox jerseys, and this is not the focus of the post.

The LOA notes it was worn in 2006. I have yet to locate a photo of Ortiz or for that matter, any Sox player wearing a numberless pregame. Can you or another reader locate such a photo or publication that may show such a jersey being used?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

maccamania
01-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Howard,
Very valid point taken. When the jersey was purchased from SW I did not look for pictures because I have many items without pictures, I dont want to start questioning Phil or Darrins integrity, they always have been rock solid with me and I guess thats all I have to go on now.........
thanks

maccamania
01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Price is now $350 delivered

:) :o Last chance, price is 325.00 delivered

hblakewolf
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Howard,
Very valid point taken. When the jersey was purchased from SW I did not look for pictures because I have many items without pictures, I dont want to start questioning Phil or Darrins integrity, they always have been rock solid with me and I guess thats all I have to go on now.........
thanks

Yah, in this booming economy, I guess I'd just suck it up, too! Rather than contact the folks you purchased it from, (and try to get a refund or some type of proof/photo that it was actually worn), just lower your asking price and hope some unsuspecting newbie buys it.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net