PDA

View Full Version : Elite Sports Marketing

mwbosoxfan
01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
To All of Our Loyal Customers:

On December 22, 2008, EBAY placed restrictions on both of our previous active seller accounts. We have since worked with EBAY to clear up all unresolved past issues related to Elite Sports Marketing. However, all of our outstanding transaction details have been erased.

If you have any outstanding transactions, questions or comments related to user id's Authti.graphs or Elite-sports-marketing please email me @ info@elite-sports-marketing.com (info@elite-sports-marketing.com)

We are proud to announce that upon completion of the Trust and Safety requirements that EBAY has set forth, our account is once again active! As off January 7, 2009 we can be found on EBAY, under username Elite-Sports-Marketing.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to regaining your confidence in the future.

Thank You for your continued patience!
Best Wishes
John Anthony
Elite Sports Marketing
813-749-8560 ext 23

PS: Be sure to ask about our upcoming signings taking place the week of Super Bowl XLIII.

Just received this e-mail from ESM. Anyone know what this was about? And, why two active seller accounts? With a lot of the comments posted about ESM, mostly negative, I was just curious why they were suspended or restrictions were placed on them to keep them from being active on ebay.

John

intheminors
01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
John,

I got that e-mail too. From what I have seen and heard from ebay, Trust and Safety requirements are normally linked to shill bidding. I'm not saying they did or didn't... I'm just giving my limited knowledge on the subject.

Kyle

allstarsplus
01-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I got the email too. It's interesting they put the eBay "Trust and Safety" out there without going into much detail.

Hopefully someone from ESM can Post on here.

sarahsdad
01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I believe it is called karma.

AWA85
01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
It would be a good time for Elite to come out clear things up.

helmets
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Not saying this is the case, and I don't even know what they sell or offer, but if an agency contacts ebay and can prove that the seller is selling non-licensed or fake items, ebay can suspend the user and remove all of their listings. To get the account reinstated, there is a bunch of red tape to go through. In addition, ebay will suspend all of the user names and accounts that are linked to that account.

The NFL does this with ebay on items that are not licensed every once in a while. Sellers that are selling NFL decals, t-shirts, jerseys, mini helmets, etc. They will even wipe out some legitimate sellers in the process.

earlywynnfan
01-06-2009, 10:21 PM
I've spoken to this John Anthony on the phone about other issues, and it seems he is working there specifically to make sure the problems with customer service, refunds, shipping times, etc. that have been plaguing them are cleared up. Sounded like a great hire, hope he works out.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

intheminors
01-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Guys,

I'm guessing things aren't cleared up yet...

I asked for pics of an item Elite had for sale on January 12th. Had to e-mail back on January 14th because I hadn't received the pics.

I called and spoke to John on the 15th, gave him my credit card number and ordered the item. He said it was shipped on January 20th via ground shipment. I e-mailed on January 26th with no reply. Then called and e-mailed yesterday with no reply. I still do not have my $200 item.

Yet, I still receive daily e-mail e-mail blasts on Elite's "Specials". I understand e-mail blasts are simple to send out but they are still going out daily and I can't get a return e-mail or phone call.

Don't know how much longer I'm going to wait before I call someone higher up and ask for my money back.

Kyle

skyking26
01-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I learned 2 things in dealing with Elite:

1) Don't deal with them...ever!

2) If you are moved to, use paypal or CC so the charge can be refuted. No checks.

intheminors
01-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I guess disputing the charge is my next step.

I called Elite again just a few minutes ago. Pressing #1 got me to a person's VM. Pressing #2-4 sent me to the General Mailbox. Pressing #5 got me to the same person as pressing #1 did.

Thanks for the info.

Kyle

intheminors
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I gave one final call to Elite with no response. I have called Bank of America and officially disputed the charge. The bank gave me a credit for the item but said it could take up to 90 days for a final resolution.

I hated to do it but I hope this makes Elite more efficient in future endeavors.

Kyle

suicide_squeeze
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I gave one final call to Elite with no response. I have called Bank of America and officially disputed the charge. The bank gave me a credit for the item but said it could take up to 90 days for a final resolution.

I hated to do it but I hope this makes Elite more efficient in future endeavors.

Kyle

Kyle,

That's like asking for peace in the middle east. Some things are just never going to happen.

I have a few boat anchors in my collection that I was scammed on, buying from this company. They are flat-out misrepresented fake items. Period. The thing I don't understand is WHY they would want to resolve their issues with ebay under the same name.

I guess there is just an endless line of unknowledgeable memorabilia suppliers out there that will continue to be lambasted by this company, and others like them.

Does anyone know if Scot Monette is still affiliated with them?

suicide_squeeze
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I types "suppliers".......I meant "COLLECTORS".......soory for the typo

intheminors
02-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info.

I do believe I heard Scot's name on the recording as I was going through selections, but I could be wrong. They could really do theirselves a favor and check this board once in a while.

So, I will continue on my humanitarian efforts for peace in the Middle East. I have sent Obama a message on his Blackberry offering my services.

Kyle

intheminors
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Just an update... not a word from Elite Sports Marketing since Bank of America refunded my money.

Wow, they should be ashamed.

Kyle

intheminors
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I finally spoke with John Anthony at Elite Sports Marketing today (after calling and punching in '1' and '2', I finally got him on '3'). He said that after the Super Bowl he was in the hospital for 6 days with a walking pneumonia.

He retrieved the tracking number for the item and said UPS had tried to deliver it 3 times and were returning the item. I asked the shipping address and he stated "6300 White". My home address is "16300 White Settlement Road" so that was part of the problem. But, the other problem is that not only did I specifically ask John to ship the item to my work address but also I have NEVER had anything shipped to my home. EVER.

As I look at the tracking, the package was shipped out on the January 22nd, not January 20th like had been promised. He did offer to ship me the item along with "a few other things" and I declined. He obviously doesn't know yet that my bank has already reversed the charge and it's clear that no one from Elite reads this board, which should be one of the first things they do.

So, that being said, the issues with Elite are not fixed and it appears it will be some time before they are. I had asked and begged for a tracking number and now, nearly a month later, a get one only to find out that the shipping was completely bungled.

I really hate this because they do have some great items but there's no communication on their part when you have an issue.

This sucks.

Kyle

suave1477
02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I finally spoke with John Anthony at Elite Sports Marketing today (after calling and punching in '1' and '2', I finally got him on '3'). He said that after the Super Bowl he was in the hospital for 6 days with a walking pneumonia.

He retrieved the tracking number for the item and said UPS had tried to deliver it 3 times and were returning the item. I asked the shipping address and he stated "6300 White". My home address is "16300 White Settlement Road" so that was part of the problem. But, the other problem is that not only did I specifically ask John to ship the item to my work address but also I have NEVER had anything shipped to my home. EVER.

As I look at the tracking, the package was shipped out on the January 22nd, not January 20th like had been promised. He did offer to ship me the item along with "a few other things" and I declined. He obviously doesn't know yet that my bank has already reversed the charge and it's clear that no one from Elite reads this board, which should be one of the first things they do.

So, that being said, the issues with Elite are not fixed and it appears it will be some time before they are. I had asked and begged for a tracking number and now, nearly a month later, a get one only to find out that the shipping was completely bungled.

I really hate this because they do have some great items but there's no communication on their part when you have an issue.

This sucks.

Kyle

Kyle just some advice it doesnt necessarily mean your off the hook yet. I have had a very similar situation happen with a completley different company.
My Bank did not reverse the charge and I would check if I wiere you to make sure you are accurate. What banks will do sometimes is credit you back the money you have lost and then start an investigation on there own based on the inifo you gave them. Which can take 30 to 60 days. If they feel your item was not what it is reported to be, stolen, or not sent at all, chances are of course it will be in your favor and at that point they will pursue going after the seller to claim the money that they credited to you for.
If the seller can show that they have made attempts to sending you the product via tracking number and has not reached you due to a wrong address they can rule in favor in favor of the seller and request them to send you the item to the correct address and pull the money back out of your account.

My point is they do not notify the seller till after 30 days when the come to a conclusion. - which is why he may not be aware yet
The money they have given you is technically a credit and can be taken back.

I am just saying becareful and make sure it is an actual reverse!!

intheminors
02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks. You are correct on that one. It is a credit. I got a letter a few days ago from the bank. I'll be interested to see if they can even get in touch with anyone at Elite.

I'm not sure if it will help but I did keep all of my e-mails to them, showing that I did ask for the item to be shipped to my work. And, if they did use a wrong address for my home, I hope they are still held accountable.

I guess if worse comes to worse, they still have to prove that the item was shipped to me and received.

Thanks for the heads up.

Kyle

nyjetsfan14
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I own a jersey with their holo (bought from a third party and not directly from them) and tried calling and e-mailing numerous times just for some info and could never get a hold of anybody. I always find it odd how these companies with track records of poor customer service still continue to flourish or at least stay in business and maintain patronage. Good luck making things right.

intheminors
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
This is funny to me...

I could have sworn there was a discussion on the board that Elite Sports Marketing had changed their ebay ID to authentic.graphs (or something of that nature...

... and then this comes across today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BREWERS-GRANT-BALFOUR-SIGNED-GAME-USED-ROOKIE-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ300295145500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300295145500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

They have officially lost their minds over there.

Kyle

intheminors
03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Just an update... I just got a call from Scot on my VM. He very casually said he was returning my phone call. I tired back within 3 minutes and got his voice mail. Left him a VM and told him that we had no business together, especially since he was returning a phone call I made in early February.

I'm almost certain that's the last I will hear from Elite and probably the last any of you will hear from Elite as well.

Kyle