PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite sport to collect?

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Boredom at work has caused me to post this thread. I'm just curious to know what sport you guys like collecting most. I personally like football items....how bout you guys?

bubbrubb25
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Baseball!!!!!!!

AWA85
01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
People collect things outside of baseball??? :eek:

jetersbatboy
01-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Does collecting Beanie Babies count as a sport;) ! I LOVE BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, people do collect outside of baseball :D . I enjoy baseball but I don't get into it 100% like I do football. I think the demise of the Orioles has caused me to go out of the loop on baseball. There are 162 games of baseball played a year. Football is played 16 games a year. Both without post-season. So I feel collecting something from football is a bit more rare in my opinion. :rolleyes:

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Does collecting Beanie Babies count as a sport;) ! I LOVE BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!
Beanie babies? I collected them about 10 years ago hoping to make a little do-re-mi! That turned out to be a waste of money!!! :mad:

jetersbatboy
01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Jason,
I had a Uncle that pasted away a few years back. He left me his collection of Beanie Babies, because he said I like collecting stuff...go figure!! At one point I was stuck with 280+ Beanies. I donated most to charity, I have about 50 or so left.

BASEBALL IS KING OF COLLECTING!!!!

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Jason,
I had a Uncle that pasted away a few years back. He left me his collection of Beanie Babies, because he said I like collecting stuff...go figure!! At one point I was stuck with 280+ Beanies. I donated most to charity, I have about 50 or so left.

BASEBALL IS KING OF COLLECTING!!!!

Scott,
I had about that many. I loaded a bunch off to my sister for my nephews and I get about 50 cents per beanie baby at a yard sale. I get roughly $20 per yard sale. I charge $1 for the beanie buddies too! Man talk about way off topic!:D

Football is a much tougher sport than baseball! :eek: Did I just say that? ;)

AWA85
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
All this Beanie Baby talk... we need to get back to talk about MAN CAVES, baseball, football! :D Starting to get worried about some of you guys.

Larry Pelliccioni
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Movie worn items from all sports and some military.
Have them from A League of Their Own, the Natural, the Replacements, Any Given Sunday, Varsity Blues, Invincible, Mystery Alaska, Slap Shot, Net Worth, Semi Pro, School Ties, Radio, Father Was A Fullback, Gus,
Game Plan, Gridiron Gang, Miracle, Cobb, Everybody's All American, Longest Yard, Friday Night Lights, the Faculty, Waterboy, Damn Yankees, *61, Mighty Ducks, Necessary Roughness, the Program, Cool Runnings, All the Right Moves, Best of Times, Blackhawk Down, We Are Marshall, Remember the Titans, Not Another Teen Movie, the Last Boy Scout, Independence Day, Broken Arrow, We Were Soldiers and Pearl Harbor.
Larry Pelliccioni

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 10:23 PM
All this Beanie Baby talk... we need to get back to talk about MAN CAVES, baseball, football! :D Starting to get worried about some of you guys.
I agree, I almost made a cup of hot tea and ate a scone while talking about this!:o

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Movie worn items from all sports and some military.
Have them from A League of Their Own, the Natural, the Replacements, Any Given Sunday, Varsity Blues, Invincible, Mystery Alaska, Slap Shot, Net Worth, Semi Pro, School Ties, Radio, Father Was A Fullback, Gus,
Game Plan, Gridiron Gang, Miracle, Cobb, Everybody's All American, Longest Yard, Friday Night Lights, the Faculty, Waterboy, Damn Yankees, *61, Mighty Ducks, Necessary Roughness, the Program, Cool Runnings, All the Right Moves, Best of Times, Blackhawk Down, We Are Marshall, Remember the Titans, Not Another Teen Movie, the Last Boy Scout, Independence Day, Broken Arrow, We Were Soldiers and Pearl Harbor.
Larry Pelliccioni
Larry,
:eek: Impressive! I would like to collect some stuff from sports movies also. Especially Invincible, Waterboy, and We Are Marshall! The Longest Yard stuff you have, which one is it from?

jetersbatboy
01-06-2009, 10:33 PM
AWA85 Is this more along the line of what a man should collect!!!! My toy car's!!!:D

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Nice collection! That made this thread a little more manly now!

AWA85
01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Nice little collection there and yes that is a little better direction. ;)

jetersbatboy
01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Those go along with this...need to take better pictures:D

JasonBanz
01-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow! You got those to drive and live in Hawaii? Must be a great life!