PDA

View Full Version : AAGPBL Kenosha Comets Girls Uniform

karamaxjoe
01-07-2009, 08:56 AM
This is pretty cool. I guess it's safe to say not many of these are left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290287257998&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

sayhey24
01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Any idea why the patch is so much lower in the HOF photo (below the second button), than it is on the ebay uniform (below the top button)?

jppopma
01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Very cool jersey! Nice to see a normal girl wearing is rather than those "models" in a certain auction catalog. Something about winning a high price jersey and getting accused by the wife of smelling like a strip club when it arrives is not appealing to me.

David
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
My dad told me the joke about two middle aged men getting their hair cut at the barbers. One says to the barber, "Don't put that hair cream in my hair. My wife will think I went to a brothel." The other customer says, "Put some in my hair. My wife doesn't know what a brothel smells like."

karamaxjoe
01-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Any idea why the patch is so much lower in the HOF photo (below the second button), than it is on the ebay uniform (below the top button)?

I managed to find a team photo of the Kenosha Comets with the patch higher up as in the jersey on ebay. I'm guessing the location of the patch may have changed from year to year.

Vintagedeputy
01-07-2009, 04:49 PM
uniform?

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/28/b0/a5fe_12.JPG

what uniform? :)

David
01-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree that the eBay model is an attractive young lass. If she's normal, then normal's fine by me.

SkubeBats
01-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I notice that MEARS is the high bidder on this item. GOOD LUCK to anyone that was planning on bidding.

yanks12025
01-08-2009, 06:24 AM
What do you guys think a jersey like this is even worth $2,000-$3,000. Also would you say that is his daughter or wife(looks alittle to young to be a wife).

David
01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I met a woman who collects the vintage women's baseball memorabilia (she had a player's glove). I discovered there is an avid following of the league and they even have conventions-- sort of a national for the women's league.

David
01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
On a personal note, I add that one of my favorite pieces of baseball memorabilia I owned was a women's league championship player's ring that came from the estate of the team owner. It was understated compared to the World Series Rings but did have a little diamond on top.

yanks12025
01-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I bet Mears is going to go very high on it. Then they will put it on their website and ask a stupid amount for it.

buc
01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I asked the seller if I bid higher than MEARS and won if they would include the model.

skyking26
01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
What do you guys think a jersey like this is even worth $2,000-$3,000. Also would you say that is his daughter or wife(looks alittle to young to be a wife).
Definately daughter. She's about 16 or 17 years old...

gumpyf
10-11-2013, 03:53 PM
I agree that the eBay model is an attractive young lass. If she's normal, then normal's fine by me.

She's normal. She is my daughter. Taylor Wagner is her name and she is the gret-nice of Audrey Wagner. My name is Forrest Wagner

gumpyf
10-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I asked the seller if I bid higher than MEARS and won if they would include the model.

You couldn't have won my daughter in the auction. It is against e-Bay rules. Plus, my wife would not have allowed it. And, her boyfriend is in the US Army and he a is a sniper.

gumpyf
10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I bet Mears is going to go very high on it. Then they will put it on their website and ask a stupid amount for it.

For everyone's information, the Audrey Wagner uniform is now proudly displayed in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame. I donated the uniform to them under the stipulation that it be permanently displayed. As virtually no AAGPBL uniforms had sold at auction, trying to determine a value was very difficult. I received one low-ball appraisal and was not satisfied with it as I intended to donate it. So, by listing it on e-Bay, I had concrete proof for an appraiser and the IRS of the minimum worth of the uniform. (Certainly more then the $2,000 appraisal I received.) Donations, if accepted by the HOF, are tax deductible as long as you have a certified appraisal. I was able to get that apprasial with the history of the auction. Now, if the bidding had reached my minimum I would have been in trouble!

Jags Fan Dan
10-12-2013, 09:03 AM
For everyone's information, the Audrey Wagner uniform is now proudly displayed in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame. I donated the uniform to them under the stipulation that it be permanently displayed. As virtually no AAGPBL uniforms had sold at auction, trying to determine a value was very difficult. I received one low-ball appraisal and was not satisfied with it as I intended to donate it. So, by listing it on e-Bay, I had concrete proof for an appraiser and the IRS of the minimum worth of the uniform. (Certainly more then the $2,000 appraisal I received.) Donations, if accepted by the HOF, are tax deductible as long as you have a certified appraisal. I was able to get that apprasial with the history of the auction. Now, if the bidding had reached my minimum I would have been in trouble!

You used a reserve auction on ebay to serve as a semi-appraisal for the piece?