PDA

View Full Version : When was the X Bat first used in MLB

Canseco44
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
When did X-Bat first get used in MLB. I have a 2002 Game Used HR bat of Jose Canseco's and is the only one I have ever seen him use. I also noticed it is a little different in design than current X-Bats. It says Tuff Bats by the X logo and the circle around the X is a little differ.ent also. Has there been a thread posted before on the history of X-Bat? If not, is anyone knowledgeable enough on the subject to start a thread on it? It would be very useful. Anyways, here are some pics of my bat

Canseco44
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I am surprised there hasn't been a response to this thread yet. I figured with all of the knowledge available here, someone would know the history of X-Bat. Anyone?

camarokids
01-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Not sure when they were first used. But, you used to be able to order the exact same bat as the pro's. This led to a "few" dishonest people to fake game use on bats and sell them as game used.

So X-Bats changed the bats to where the pro's were labeled Pro Maple and bats ordered by the public were labeled as Pro Trophy (on barrel under players name)....