PDA

View Full Version : Paul Molitor signing today

SkubeBats
01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Hello,
I went to a Paul Molitor signing today in Waukesha, Wi. I met up with another forum member Jeff (Trublubrucru) there. I was able to get my 1980-1983 L.S. bat signed and Jeff had his 1990 Molitor game used helmet signed. Paul was great as always he took time to talk and take pictures with everyone there.

dcrules01
01-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Just watched the 82 Brewers on MLB TV fantastic.How was he in person he seems like a real nice guy.Nothing like meeting one of your idols.I met Lenny Dykstra a few years ago he was a really nice guy..

dcrules01
01-10-2009, 06:13 PM
You look like a members of the 82 Brewers :cool: I was amazed at hearing the names of the players watching the show..

SkubeBats
01-10-2009, 06:21 PM
dcrules01,
Paul was great today he talked to everyone that was there, he also was nice enough to take pictures with you if you asked him. He signed the items were you asked and you can actually read his signature. It was a great time today to be able to see one of my heroes growing up, just a class act!!

BaseballGM
01-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I ran into Paul in Baltimore after a show. He was in the hotel lobby with his wife and I was headed to the parking garage. Anyway, I stopped and said hello and he was super friendly - just a class guy.

harpt
01-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I agree...he is definately one of the best. I cought him in Waukesha during his last trip through town. Always worth the effort. Nice pictures Skube and TRUBLU

harpt
01-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I CAUGHT him. (note to self: just read the darn thing before you hit "submit")

Trublubrucru
01-11-2009, 10:07 AM
How often do you see a Hall of Famer talk, shake everyones hand,pose for all pictures, and actually act liked he wanted to be there. Molitor was a truely memorable signer in a wolrd of cattle call run throughs were some wont even look up or talk too much. He asked all the kids names and ages and conversed with anyone asking questioned. He even bantered with Jamie and me about our game used items. Molitor is an A1(or a mears A10) class act

skyking26
01-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I got his auto years ago outside Tiger Stadium. Classy guy like Andre Dawson was my first opinion. You hate to see guys like that retire. Great numbers for a great guy..........

Sincityson
01-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Inded a class act!

Has anyone seen any jerseys of his when he was the Mariners batting coach:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2004/07/23/2001987022.jpg

AWA85
01-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Just like everyone else has stated, Molitor is a a very classy guy. One of the most famous players to have ever played for the Burlington Bees he came back to Burlington to do an autograph signing when I was just a little kid. Although it was many years ago I still remember Paul being very friendly and actually willing to chat with the fans. Great player and great guy.

Larry Pelliccioni
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
My wife Linda grew up in Wisconsin and Paul Molitor was her hero.
When he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame we were there, she wearing his game worn Brewers and me his game worn Blue Jays.
There is a common thread of class and decency when it comes to discussing Paul Molitor, it all applies.
He remains one of our all time favorites, heck, we even named one of the cats after him!
Larry Pelliccioni

skyking26
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
feel Good Story, To Say The Least. Opposite Of Guys Like Albert Belle, Etc. I Still Remember The Day Albert Yelled At Me For Stepping On The Dugout To Reach For A Ball He Signed... What A Guy.

AWA85
01-11-2009, 04:56 PM
feel Good Story, To Say The Least. Opposite Of Guys Like Albert Belle, Etc. I Still Remember The Day Albert Yelled At Me For Stepping On The Dugout To Reach For A Ball He Signed... What A Guy.

Sounds like Belle really knew how to treat the fans :rolleyes:. Skyking, you ever met Dunn? Seems like a big friendly guy who is ready to fire jokes right back at the fans in my one experience with him. Still waiting on the big guy to sign somewhere.

skyking26
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
never met him. i know he scored rave reviews at a signing in az last fall. any ideas where he will go? i know the nationals now say they can't afford him.............

AWA85
01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
mlbtraderumors.com mentioned Atlanta going after him. I would not mind that but would rather see him mashing in a little smaller stadium haha. Lot of big names still out there and pitchers and catchers report in about 4 weeks? Wish the Reds would sign Dunn to a 2 year deal, but think that boat has sailed.

skyking26
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I think that boat sailed for both of them.

Is the rumor with ATL recent? I would not mind that; but I think he'd be best suited for AL cities so he can DH if he is looking longterm. Just opens more options...

AWA85
01-11-2009, 05:34 PM
It was just a brief mention of Atlanta emerging as a candidate. I agree DH is where he will end up someday, I just don't know if he is ready to accept that YET.

skyking26
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
It was just a brief mention of Atlanta emerging as a candidate. I agree DH is where he will end up someday, I just don't know if he is ready to accept that YET.
Ego-schmego. Hell, I get so tired of listening to that stuff. Another option is being presented...it isn't about being ready for something. Actually I'm surprised to hear Dunn would even think that.

Of equal surprise is the fact that it is predominately all NL clubs looking at him, so what do I know??

harpt
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
My wife Linda grew up in Wisconsin and Paul Molitor was her hero.
When he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame we were there, she wearing his game worn Brewers and me his game worn Blue Jays.
There is a common thread of class and decency when it comes to discussing Paul Molitor, it all applies.
He remains one of our all time favorites, heck, we even named one of the cats after him!
Larry Pelliccioni

Larry,

What year is your wife's game used Molitor jersey? Is it home or away? Do you have pics?

Don't worry, I won't try to weasel it out of your hands since it's her favorite :D player. I just love to know what is out there.

Thanks

PS my cats are named Cooper and Rollie :D