PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Dykstra 1993 Homerun bat ???

metsbats
04-07-2006, 07:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Len-Dykstra-Autographed-World-Series-HR-Hit-Bat_W0QQitemZ8792493968QQcategoryZ27261QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Bat is a pre 90's HB so how could this be?

Dysktra used almost exclusively two tone HB (galen handle, brown barrel) bats w/ his years w/ the Phillies!

David

metsbats
04-07-2006, 07:04 PM
After a closer glance this bat looks like an 80-83 era bat.

hblakewolf
04-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Forum Readers-
Dykstra sold his World Series road jersey after the 1993 World Series at a big card show. John Taube was there, as well as several big dealers. I purchased the road jersey from a dealer who purchased it directly from Dykstra with a LOA. He also sold some 1993 game bats, all of which were 2-tone, brown with natural handle. All had LOA's with them from Dykstra.

This bat on Ebay was not like any of those offered at the show or any I have seen from the 1993 season.

FYI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

metsbats
04-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Forum Readers-
Dykstra sold his World Series road jersey after the 1993 World Series at a big card show. John Taube was there, as well as several big dealers. I purchased the road jersey from a dealer who purchased it directly from Dykstra with a LOA. He also sold some 1993 game bats, all of which were 2-tone, brown with natural handle. All had LOA's with them from Dykstra.

This bat on Ebay was not like any of those offered at the show or any I have seen from the 1993 season.

FYI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

I also read in 1993 that Dykstra sent back all his post season bats marked NLCS or WS to HB because he only wanted to use his regular gamers in the post season.

David

hblakewolf
04-07-2006, 09:40 PM
David-
I'm not aware of him sending them back, however, the 1993 World Series gamers he was selling were not stamped with the World Series or NLCS info. They appeared to be regular season bats. They were his usual 2-tone (Model B267?) with his usual 4 on the knob. I also remember a major auction house offering a single lot that contained quite a few of his bats from the Series, all autographed and the game in which they were used against Toronto noted by Dykstra. None were stamped with World Series 1993 or similar. I think that the auction house may have been Lelands.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Swoboda4
04-07-2006, 11:34 PM
For what it's worth,the autograph does not resemble exemplars of Dykstra.

metsbats
04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
I have contacted the seller of this bats informing him this cannot possibly be the bat that Dykstra used in the 1993 WS and waiting a response.

-David

metsbats
04-12-2006, 07:02 AM
No response from this seller. I sent a followup email inviting him to the forum to address our concerns w/ the bat.

-David

metsbats
04-18-2006, 07:08 AM
No response from this seller. I sent a followup email inviting him to the forum to address our concerns w/ the bat.

-David

In case anyone is still intereseted, the bat sold for $50. The seller never responded by the buyer did to my inquiry. He is asking the seller for a void of the sale.

-David