PDA

View Full Version : What would you look for in a memorabilia company

Capital-Sports
01-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and was wondering what everyone looks for in a memorabilia company and what you would like to see be done. I would love to hear everyones ideas and opinions.

Thank you!

frikativ54
01-13-2009, 02:32 AM
1. Treating the customer like a human being. Good service goes a long way.

2. Not flooding the market with items. Like the baseball from Randy Johnson's 238th win game. Or A-Rod's 289th hit.

3. Giving me quality game-used. That goes along with #2. If they are selling game-used stuff, make sure the players are taking more than a few hacks with the bats. I want my stuff actually used for a considerable length of time.

4. Demanding standards of behavior for athletes at signings. Being rude and mean to kids will be grounds for an athlete's not being able to be involved with the company.

Capital-Sports
01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
so no one else would like to share what they life/disike about current memorabilia companies

both-teams-played-hard
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Variety of inventory, reasonable prices, fast shipping...

Vintagedeputy
01-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Here's a HUGE one for me - allowing folks to make payments on items until they are paid off. There are a few dealers here who do that and I would have not been able to add certain choice pieces to my collection without their help.

Jim