Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fnazxc0114
    • Aug 2007

ot go hunting with chipper joness

i was looking to bood a deer hunt for next year and saw this and thought it looked pretty cool. little overpriced for the hunt with chipper but the other prices are in par with what trophy hunts generally go for.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: ot go hunting with chipper joness

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
    i was looking to bood a deer hunt for next year and saw this and thought it looked pretty cool. little overpriced for the hunt with chipper but the other prices are in par with what trophy hunts generally go for.
    http://www.doubledimeranch.com/hunting.html
    What a deal. $20,000 per person. Where do I sign up?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• frikativ54
      • Dec 2007

http://www.doubledimeranch.com/hunting.html
      Cruel and unethical. You should be ashamed of yourself, Chipper.
      Les Zukor
      bagwellgameused@gmail.com
      Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
      (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
        • Aug 2007

frik what is cruel and unethical about it?. would you sale your bagwell stuff if you new he was a hunter?
        Baseball do what it do
        -Ron Washington

Comment

• lund6771
          • Dec 2006

frik what is cruel and unethical about it?. would you sale your bagwell stuff if you new he was a hunter?

Fnazxc...is this a fenced in hunt?....I'm a big deer hunter and I think that the game farms are a bunch of BS, except for the bird ones for dog training...but I think that "deer farms" suck

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

I don't know that Bagwell liked to hunt. It certainly would not improve my opinion of Bagwell. I know he fishes, but that's not nearly as bad IMO. Does Bagwell hunt? I know Biggio does, but I never knew Bagwell did.
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• skyking26
              • Dec 2005

I've never hunted a day in my life. That said - if no one hunted, the deer etc. would overpopulate to unreal numbers and eventually die, etc. Hunting keeps the population down.
              ROBERT KOPPEL
              Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• AWA85
                • Jan 2008

Here in the Iowa and Illinois area, I wish there was a ton more Deer hunters. The amounts of Deer near the roads is insane. Only time I've been hunting was heading back from Iowa City in my parents Camry back in high school. Got one for the trophy case, not on purpose.
                Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• skyking26
                  • Dec 2005

Hunters are as passionate about their craft as we GU collectors. I live in a small town, and Nov. is sacred time for many guys who set it aside on their calendars each year to be alone out in the woods with nature. Many never see a deer, but it is time they have to themselves. Like my wife's side of family, she says most mornings eating breakfast were spent with a dead animal one of her brothers slayed on the floor staring at her. If you grew up with that, it is a way of life. Not mine, but I do not judge.....
                  ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• lund6771
                    • Dec 2006

maybe it's how and where you grow up....In Minnesota, outside of Minneapolis, you grow up with a fishing rod in one hand and a rifle in the other

Comment

• lund6771
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by skyking26
                      Hunters are as passionate about their craft as we GU collectors. I live in a small town, and Nov. is sacred time for many guys who set it aside on their calendars each year to be alone out in the woods with nature. Many never see a deer, but it is time they have to themselves. Like my wife's side of family, she says most mornings eating breakfast were spent with a dead animal one of her brothers slayed on the floor staring at her. If you grew up with that, it is a way of life. Not mine, but I do not judge.....

Exactly!..I live in the city and hate it!!!!...traffic, people...sitting in a deer stand watching and learning about how all different kinds of animals live is where i'd rather be...besides walleye fishing

and the rush of a big buck is awesome...only thing I can compare that rush to is sky diving

Comment

• skyking26
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by lund6771
                        Exactly!..I live in the city and hate it!!!!...traffic, people...sitting in a deer stand watching and learning about how all different kinds of animals live is where i'd rather be...besides walleye fishing

and the rush of a big buck is awesome...only thing I can compare that rush to is sky diving
                        Exactly. Not my thing, but I have all in'laws that live it and many friends. We all have our thing. It surprises me the people that criticize...but then we see alot of that here.
                        ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• lund6771
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by skyking26
                          Exactly. Not my thing, but I have all in'laws that live it and many friends. We all have our thing. It surprises me the people that criticize...but then we see alot of that here.

I know...to each there own...I remember watching a Packer game a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I remember Madden talking about Favre bow hunting on game-days early in the morning

There are a lot of people who call it killing...but as a life long hunter, 99% of the people that I have met are sportsman and not killers.....as a true sportsman you respect the wildlife and understand it much more than the people who call us killers....you only hear about the bad stories

Comment

• Capital-Sports
                            • Jan 2009

I have a buddy I was in the Marine Corps with and he always hunted when he went home on leave. He would bring back pounds of deer meat make his own deer jerkey. By far the best thing ive ever tasted!!! Never have gone unting myself, but he always begs me to fly up....Im sure one day ill make the trip

Comment

• lund6771
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Capital-Sports
                              I have a buddy I was in the Marine Corps with and he always hunted when he went home on leave. He would bring back pounds of deer meat make his own deer jerkey. By far the best thing ive ever tasted!!! Never have gone unting myself, but he always begs me to fly up....Im sure one day ill make the trip
                              Cap....corn fed venison is very close to beef in taste (not gamey).....I love the jerky, but the loin is better IMO

Comment

Working...