PDA

View Full Version : ot go hunting with chipper joness

Fnazxc0114
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
i was looking to bood a deer hunt for next year and saw this and thought it looked pretty cool. little overpriced for the hunt with chipper but the other prices are in par with what trophy hunts generally go for.
http://www.doubledimeranch.com/hunting.html

skyking26
01-13-2009, 09:01 PM
i was looking to bood a deer hunt for next year and saw this and thought it looked pretty cool. little overpriced for the hunt with chipper but the other prices are in par with what trophy hunts generally go for.
What a deal. $20,000 per person. Where do I sign up?

frikativ54
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Cruel and unethical. You should be ashamed of yourself, Chipper. :mad:

Fnazxc0114
01-13-2009, 10:36 PM
frik what is cruel and unethical about it?. would you sale your bagwell stuff if you new he was a hunter?

lund6771
01-13-2009, 11:41 PM
frik what is cruel and unethical about it?. would you sale your bagwell stuff if you new he was a hunter?

Fnazxc...is this a fenced in hunt?....I'm a big deer hunter and I think that the game farms are a bunch of BS, except for the bird ones for dog training...but I think that "deer farms" suck

frikativ54
01-13-2009, 11:50 PM

I don't know that Bagwell liked to hunt. It certainly would not improve my opinion of Bagwell. I know he fishes, but that's not nearly as bad IMO. Does Bagwell hunt? I know Biggio does, but I never knew Bagwell did.

skyking26
01-14-2009, 12:10 AM
I've never hunted a day in my life. That said - if no one hunted, the deer etc. would overpopulate to unreal numbers and eventually die, etc. Hunting keeps the population down.

AWA85
01-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Here in the Iowa and Illinois area, I wish there was a ton more Deer hunters. The amounts of Deer near the roads is insane. Only time I've been hunting was heading back from Iowa City in my parents Camry back in high school. Got one for the trophy case, not on purpose.

skyking26
01-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Hunters are as passionate about their craft as we GU collectors. I live in a small town, and Nov. is sacred time for many guys who set it aside on their calendars each year to be alone out in the woods with nature. Many never see a deer, but it is time they have to themselves. Like my wife's side of family, she says most mornings eating breakfast were spent with a dead animal one of her brothers slayed on the floor staring at her. If you grew up with that, it is a way of life. Not mine, but I do not judge.....

lund6771
01-14-2009, 12:41 AM
maybe it's how and where you grow up....In Minnesota, outside of Minneapolis, you grow up with a fishing rod in one hand and a rifle in the other

lund6771
01-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Hunters are as passionate about their craft as we GU collectors. I live in a small town, and Nov. is sacred time for many guys who set it aside on their calendars each year to be alone out in the woods with nature. Many never see a deer, but it is time they have to themselves. Like my wife's side of family, she says most mornings eating breakfast were spent with a dead animal one of her brothers slayed on the floor staring at her. If you grew up with that, it is a way of life. Not mine, but I do not judge.....

Exactly!..I live in the city and hate it!!!!...traffic, people...sitting in a deer stand watching and learning about how all different kinds of animals live is where i'd rather be...besides walleye fishing

and the rush of a big buck is awesome...only thing I can compare that rush to is sky diving

skyking26
01-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Exactly!..I live in the city and hate it!!!!...traffic, people...sitting in a deer stand watching and learning about how all different kinds of animals live is where i'd rather be...besides walleye fishing

and the rush of a big buck is awesome...only thing I can compare that rush to is sky diving
Exactly. Not my thing, but I have all in'laws that live it and many friends. We all have our thing. It surprises me the people that criticize...but then we see alot of that here.

lund6771
01-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Exactly. Not my thing, but I have all in'laws that live it and many friends. We all have our thing. It surprises me the people that criticize...but then we see alot of that here.

I know...to each there own...I remember watching a Packer game a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I remember Madden talking about Favre bow hunting on game-days early in the morning

There are a lot of people who call it killing...but as a life long hunter, 99% of the people that I have met are sportsman and not killers.....as a true sportsman you respect the wildlife and understand it much more than the people who call us killers....you only hear about the bad stories

Capital-Sports
01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
I have a buddy I was in the Marine Corps with and he always hunted when he went home on leave. He would bring back pounds of deer meat make his own deer jerkey. By far the best thing ive ever tasted!!! Never have gone unting myself, but he always begs me to fly up....Im sure one day ill make the trip

lund6771
01-14-2009, 02:05 AM
I have a buddy I was in the Marine Corps with and he always hunted when he went home on leave. He would bring back pounds of deer meat make his own deer jerkey. By far the best thing ive ever tasted!!! Never have gone unting myself, but he always begs me to fly up....Im sure one day ill make the trip

Cap....corn fed venison is very close to beef in taste (not gamey).....I love the jerky, but the loin is better IMO

frikativ54
01-14-2009, 03:48 AM
maybe it's how and where you grow up....In Minnesota, outside of Minneapolis, you grow up with a fishing rod in one hand and a rifle in the other

Could be. I grew up the Seattle-area, the home of environmentalism and other such progressive causes. So there's my background.

Fnazxc0114
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
frik, enviromentalism, and conservation are very big issues for hunters. i spend about 30 days each year hunting. luckily my wife allows me to pursue my passions hunting and game used. i didnt really grow up hunting that much, but as ive gotten older i find it really enjoyable. whether i kill anything or not is irrelevant to me. there is just nothing that compares to sitting in the wood during the pre dawn morning and watching the woods come alive. pretty cool

Fnazxc0114
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
lund it is a high fenced ranch. i believe it is 10,000 acres. which comes out to about 15 square miles of land. so the high fence pretty much just allows them to control the herd of deer for trophy purposes.

cards-bats
01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I live in Iowa and my car got to meet one up close and personal to the tune of $6,500 over Thanksgiving. We've got more deer than rabbits up here – no joke at all. I'm all for rounding up 30% of them and making them into lunch meat.

bigtruck260
01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
My Dad is a big hunter - I just fish...

BUT, last year we had our van destroyed by two deer that ran in front of us in a 35Mph zone near my home. I would advocate a trimming of my local population - and I am most ceratinly an animal lover.

bigtruck260
01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
My Dad is a big hunter - I just fish...

BUT, last year we had our van destroyed by two deer that ran in front of us in a 35Mph zone near my home. I would advocate a trimming of my local population - and I am most ceratinly an animal lover.

add to add to the thread...

I'm sure there is someone out there who will pay that to hunt with Chipper. My Dad won an auction at Adolphus Busch's charity function and got to hunt with Red Schoendienst. It was not cheap...

Dad got great conversation, and I got one of Red's custom shotgun shells.
Has his name, and HOF year inscribed...I'll post pics later on.:)

frikativ54
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
add to add to the thread...

I'm sure there is someone out there who will pay that to hunt with Chipper. My Dad won an auction at Adolphus Busch's charity function and got to hunt with Red Schoendienst. It was not cheap...

Dad got great conversation, and I got one of Red's custom shotgun shells.
Has his name, and HOF year inscribed...I'll post pics later on.:)

Now, those shotgun shells are a true collector's item. I would be really excited to see them.

70to66
01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Alot of MLB players hunt the area where I live, it is very popular.

frikativ54
01-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Do people frequently eat deer meat? I'm pretty ignorant about these matters, since I never venture beyond chicken, fish, and steak.

chakes89
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
I wonder if Clint Barmes likes Deer Meat anymore after his little incident

:D :D :D

AWA85
01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
70to66 - You don't happen to live in Illinois do you? Right next to where I did my undergrad was one of the best hunting areas in the US and I know it brought it all sorts of MLB players.

Fnazxc0114
01-14-2009, 08:14 PM
frik you know everything we eat has to come from somewhere. if it was once alive it had to be killed by someone. there are a lot of pro athletes who are big time deer hunters. i like deer meat because it is really lean and better for me than beef. my favorite deer to eat are the little does because they are the most tender. lol. the place in ill. didnt happen to be pike county. it is one of the best deer hunting areas in the country. as well as nebraska and some parts of kansas.

AWA85
01-14-2009, 08:21 PM
It sure was Pike County, haha. Heard all sorts of names that have hunted there, Clemens, Oswalt about half the Braves team.

frikativ54
01-14-2009, 08:21 PM
frik you know everything we eat has to come from somewhere. if it was once alive it had to be killed by someone. there are a lot of pro athletes who are big time deer hunters. i like deer meat because it is really lean and better for me than beef. my favorite deer to eat are the little does because they are the most tender. lol. the place in ill. didnt happen to be pike county. it is one of the best deer hunting areas in the country. as well as nebraska and some parts of kansas.

I do understand that, but I still feel bad for the animals. I couldn't be a vegetarian though, because I feel like crap when I don't eat meat or poultry.

70to66
01-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I live in Missouri next to Illinois, the Mississippi river divides us.

70to66
01-14-2009, 09:52 PM
I live in Missouri next to Illinois, the Mississippi river divides us. Right next to Pike county. Yes the guys you listed have hunted here and a few more.