PDA

View Full Version : Schwartz Sports

grenda12
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Can anyone give me information about them. How they are to deal with? Prices fair? Would you trust them?

suave1477
01-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I know of them.

They have been around for a long time on the Autograph Memorabilia circuit. I believe at one time they were heavily involved with Roger Clemens and McGwire as clients.
They do a lot of shows.

I am not too sure if they are involved with Game Used items.

I think they are pretty reputable over the years I never heard anything bad about them.

AWA85
01-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I had a few items from them and was very pleased with what I purchased. Many of the prices were fairly reasonable also.

BIGSTIG
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Correct me if I am wrong!!! But I believe Schwartz Sports just merged with another company and I think the name of the company now is Dreamz Inc. I think they still use the name Schwartz due to so many people recognizing the name.

Would I trust them?? YES!! They are some of the best in the business!! They use to have a store front in Northbrook, IL that unfortunately has now shut down :(

As for their prices??? I personally think they are HIGH!! But that being said you know it is LEGIT!! They have deals with a few Cubs players, and get some game used items. But they do ask VERY HIGH prices for those items!!!

I mean looking at their website right now, they are asking $1,999.00 for a Mark Prior game used 2005 jersey??? :O
or
$1,199.00 for Ozzie Guillen worn 2004 pants....yes I said PANTS

Just my opinoins!! They are real nice guys though, and I do enjoy dealing with them, when the price is right.

AWA85
01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
OUCH.... never seen the prices on their site, I always have purchased from them on ebay. Their stuff on ebay sold for a fraction of the price.

I agree the sites prices are on the high side alright.

trsent
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Can anyone give me information about them. How they are to deal with? Prices fair? Would you trust them?

Schwartz Sports is a company located in Northbrook, IL. They have been in the autographed memorabilia business for over ten years now. If I have my history correct, they bought the Chicago Sun Times Memorabilia Card Show and then they were bought by Dreams which also owns Mounted Memories and Field of Dreams retail stores. Schwartz Sports currently runs a separate business with ties to their other companies in some manner.

I would not doubt authenticity from Schwartz Sports - They have conducted many autograph sessions over the years and they have an amazing inventory. Their retail prices may be high, but that may be due to them being part of a bigger corporation.

Here is their web site news release page:

http://www.schwartzsports.com/info.aspx?view=news

I know of them.

They have been around for a long time on the Autograph Memorabilia circuit. I believe at one time they were heavily involved with Roger Clemens and McGwire as clients.
They do a lot of shows.

I think they are pretty reputable over the years I never heard anything bad about them.

I have never seen a Schwartz Sports - Roger Clemens and Mark McGwire mentioned as clients, maybe I missed this one.

suave1477
01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Trsent understand I am trying to respond this as being civilized.

trsent I don't remember exactly when, but actually I am leaning a bit more towards Clemens than McGwire. I am almost 99.9% sure I remember them doing an autograph show and they were advertising they had Clemens.

trsent
01-15-2009, 12:49 PM
I know of them.

They do a lot of shows.

Trsent understand I am trying to respond this as being civilized.

trsent I don't remember exactly when, but actually I am leaning a bit more towards Clemens than McGwire. I am almost 99.9% sure I remember them doing an autograph show and they were advertising they had Clemens.

They have had thousands of autograph guests over the years. Having Roger Clemens at a card show once as an autograph guest and "I believe at one time they were heavily involved with Roger Clemens" is a whole different concept.

What do you have to be civilized about? I was just correcting your statement since you gave a reference on a company that you appear to know nothing about. I gave a reference on them since I know the owners (since they worked out of their house) and I have conducted autograph appearances with them a few times over the years.

I believe if you stated that they worked closely with Larry Bird, that may have been a correct statement, but I never have heard of them doing anything "heavily involved" with Roger Clemens or Mark McGwire.

suave1477
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Trsent ok you win.

I am not interested or in the mood going back and forth with you.

I said civilized because that was my way of trying to be nice towards you.

It is no secret I do not care for you and have asked you many times previously anything involving me (Thread,Post, etc...) Do not speak to me, of me, or about me.

Yeah you keep choosing to do so.

I do not understand why this is such a problem for you, since you have left the site and came back I have not once spoken to you, contacted you, or even responded to your posts/threads.

I WILL ASK YOU AGAIN PLEASE DO THE SAME!!

YOU CAN RESPOND BACK TO THIS IF YOU CHOOSE AS YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER RESPONSE FROM ME REGARDING THIS

trsent
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Trsent ok you win.

I am not interested or in the mood going back and forth with you.

I said civilized because that was my way of trying to be nice towards you.

It is no secret I do not care for you and have asked you many times previously anything involving me (Thread,Post, etc...) Do not speak to me, of me, or about me.

Yeah you keep choosing to do so.

I do not understand why this is such a problem for you, since you have left the site and came back I have not once spoken to you, contacted you, or even responded to your posts/threads.

I WILL ASK YOU AGAIN PLEASE DO THE SAME!!

YOU CAN RESPOND BACK TO THIS IF YOU CHOOSE AS YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER RESPONSE FROM ME REGARDING THIS

I am sorry, I do not care who makes a post, if you give information that is incorrect then I will respond to the post - It doesn't matter if you do not like me or not - I have a right to respond to posts that are incorrect or give invalid information.

Sometimes it looks like posts are made by you in particular just because you wish to get involved with each and every conversation - Even if you do not appear to know anything about the topic. This does not have anything to do with my reply about this topic - You just happened to give a concerned individual information without first doing any homework to be sure your facts were correct and I just made a statement that the facts were incorrect and not documented anywhere.

If my setting a record straight ruins your day, I am sorry, but you need to stop taking facts I post personally as it has nothing to do with you personally, Jason Edelman, I would have responded originally the same to anyone who made such a post.

Maybe you need to get over whatever issues you feel there were between us in the past because I can't even remember anything anymore. I like to live in the present.

There was never a personal attack in any posts until you made your silly statement in reply to me about being civilized about me correcting some facts. No big deal. No one but you took it as anything more than facts being posted.