PDA

View Full Version : Just sold a Game used jersey to THAT VERY ATHLETE

jake33
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Interesting story, I just sold a Buccaneers game used jersey to the guy who wore it. The jersey is of former Boston College WR #17 A. Di Cos Mo
He wore the jersey in 1999 preseason, I emailed him on facebook and told him of the jersey and he asked to purchase it, he is just thrilled to get it. Nice to know how appreciative that a player can be about their items and how much they charish them down the road.

frikativ54
01-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Cool story!

beavisrules
01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
I have sold one Notre Dame jersey back to the player who remembered wearing the jersey and was thrilled to get it back.

I've had another couple of jerseys that the player themselves contacted me verifying that they were their jerseys, and to ask how I got them, but did not have any interest at all in getting them back. Interesting.

ironmanfan
01-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I actually at one time had a Texas Rangers knit jersey of Rick Henninger who had a cup of coffee with them (pitched in a handfull of games). I figured it probably meant a heck of a lot more to him than it did to me, so I wrote him (pre face book days) and asked him if he would like it. He called me a few days later, told me he would be thrilled with it as he had kept little from his playing days and I sent it to him at no charge.

suave1477
01-14-2009, 11:06 PM
I had a person win a Mets Game Used Jersey from me on Ebay.

Turned out it was the players cousin.

He contacted me afterwards and was thankful.

geoff
01-15-2009, 12:37 AM
I sold a Luis Lopez Glove to his Cousin.He said he was going to the Dominican to meet up with Luis.He was going to give the Glove to him.I told him to email me after he returned to tell me if he was excited to get his Glove.But of course he never did email me.

Rob L
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
I actually at one time had a Texas Rangers knit jersey of Rick Henninger who had a cup of coffee with them (pitched in a handfull of games). I figured it probably meant a heck of a lot more to him than it did to me, so I wrote him (pre face book days) and asked him if he would like it. He called me a few days later, told me he would be thrilled with it as he had kept little from his playing days and I sent it to him at no charge.

Very cool Bill. Story of the day!

Yankwood
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Long, long ago in a galaxy far away, I once had Willie Mays sign a game used bat and later at the same show the promoter approached me and said "Mr. Mays would like to offer you $600 for the bat he just signed for you" Believe it or not, 600 bucks was a very fair offer at that time. I thanked him for the offer but declined.

b52-wulfhound
01-16-2009, 05:34 PM
I had an Igor Korolev jersey that I made a youtube Video about, and Igor's daughter emailed me, and asked to buy the jersey, so I sold it to her.