PDA

View Full Version : Pat Hickey NY Rangers Game Used 1977/78 Jersey?

ghostkid
04-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I am primarily a bat collector, but recently found this jersey that I'd like help in identifying. It's a Pat Hickey game used jersey from his first stint with the New York Rangers (1975-79). The person I got the jersey from said that Pat Hickey took the jersey off his back during a game and gave it to her. Note also that the jersey is autographed. The jersey shows fantastic use, including several blood stain spots. There are NO repair spots on the jersey and NO evidence of number/emblem/name changes anywhere on the jersey.

Based on my research, I believe I have pinpointed the jersey to be from the 1977/78 season, but I sure would like your opinion on that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think 1977/78 was the only season in the late 1970's that the Rangers used the crest emblem in place of the diagonal RANGERS. Also, is this a home or away jersey?

I have many additional pictures available. Feel free to contact me at kevinkasper@netzero.com if you would like to see other pictures. I plan to sell this jersey once all of the pertinent details have been identified, so I would like your help with the pertinent details. Have I gotten anything wrong or left out anything critical?

Thanks,
Kevin Kasper

RANGERS
04-09-2006, 12:47 PM
KEVIN, THE RANGERS WORE THIS STYLE JERSEY FOR TWO SEASONS, THE 76-77 SEASON AND THE 77-78 SEASON. THIS IS A HOME WHITE JERSEY. AS FAR AS WHAT SEASON IT IS FROM, UNLESS IT HAS A YEAR TAG ,I CAN`T TELL WHAT SEASON IT IS FROM. ONE PERSON WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU IS BARRY MEISEL FROM THE MEIGRAY GROUP. HE MARKETS ALL NHL GAME WORN JERSEYS, ESPECIALLY RANGERS JERSEYS AND HE MY BE ABLE TO GIVE YOIU MORE INFORMATION ON THIS JERSEY. THE WEB SIGHT IS WWW.MEIGRAY.COM. THERE SHOULD BE A CONTACT ON THAT SIGHT. HOPE THIS HELPS, GEORGE

sctizzle
04-09-2006, 01:16 PM
As the previous user said, call or e-mail Barry Meisel on this. Barry is a true expert on NY Rangers jerseys.

Barry's e-mail is sales@meigray.com

-Scott

ghostkid
04-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys, I'll get in touch with Barry Meisel as you have suggested. I did find some pictures at Getty Images of the Rangers wearing uniforms with the shield type logo, which are attached. The first picture shows a side view of Pat Hickey - would this be called "photo matching" or "type matching" or something else? The pictures are all from 1977, some from the 76/77 season and some from the 77/78 season.

Kevin Kasper