PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone collect teams from specific seasons?

chakes89
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I am curious because I am starting a project involving the 1995 Cincinnati Reds and would just like to see what others have done

I want to collect a GU Bat from every position player on the team that had significant playing time

mariner_gamers
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Just curious are you looking for a bat from that specific year or from the correct bat dating period? With proper certs etc you can actually put together game bats from a specific season. I tried a 1995 Mariners run and while I have a gamer from every position player that year I know only a few were specifically used in 1995. It just got to be too hard to track down specific examples of 1995 gamers but I still keep my eyes out for them and I am willing to pay a bit of a premium.

Davis

chakes89
01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Just looking for bats that say Cincinnati Reds or in some cases other teams would suffice because it will be tough to find Reds bats from certain players

The time period doesn't really matter to me as long the bat can be attributed to the players time with the Reds

mariner_gamers
01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Just looking for bats that say Cincinnati Reds or in some cases other teams would suffice because it will be tough to find Reds bats from certain players

The time period doesn't really matter to me as long the bat can be attributed to the players time with the Reds

You shouldn't have any problem putting together a run with the criteria you described above. A little time and some money and it will fall into place. Good luck! It is always fun when you add a tweak to your collecting. I have been focused on Buhner the past 6 months and it has been a blast. This thread has me thinking perhaps it is time to focus on a different Mariner.....hmm........

chakes89
01-15-2009, 03:10 PM
You shouldn't have any problem putting together a run with the criteria you described above. A little time and some money and it will fall into place. Good luck! It is always fun when you add a tweak to your collecting. I have been focused on Buhner the past 6 months and it has been a blast. This thread has me thinking perhaps it is time to focus on a different Mariner.....hmm........
Thanks

I should be able to do some damage as long as the right pieces fall into place

And I have put my Jay Bruce collection on hold for now and will focus all of my time and energy towards this so it gets done right

Kid4hof03
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I collect game used stuff from the 1981 Yankees (the first team I really followed) and the 1995 Yankees, plus some 96 stuff. I try to get items from that season but if I can keep it close in the era I'm happy.

If you need a Ron Gant 95 Reds bat i believe I have an extra, you can email me at kulynychfamily@verizon.net

Abe

chakes89
01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Email coming your way

godwulf
01-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I collect game used stuff from the 1981 Yankees (the first team I really followed) and the 1995 Yankees, plus some 96 stuff.

The only Yankees jersey in my collection - and also the oldest Major League jersey I own - is from 1981...a road grey jersey worn by Mike Morgan. I got to be a "Mo-man" fan when he pitched for the DBacks in '01, so in addition to a DBacks jersey and '01 bat, I've also collected his Yankees and Mariners jerseys, and bats from the Cubs and Cardinals.

Anyway, as to the topic: I've been working on getting bats for every Diamondbacks position player (and as many pitchers as possible) for 1998 (the first year the team played) and 2001 (the World Championship year). I actually haven't checked lately to see how many more I have to find, but I've done pretty well. (That's one big advantage of being a fan of a new franchise - the oldest, hardest-to-find stuff is only about a decade old!)

dcrules01
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I recently started concentrating on Mets items from 79-82 that is gonna be the center of my collection..I even bought 2 ceremony jersey a Doug Flynn and John Stearns on the way thanks to Andrew Lang for that style.Including the Stearns I have 9 jerseys and bats for Doug Flynn used in the time period and 2 Joel Youngblood bats used with San Francisco.I also picked up a 84 Expos Game Used jersey for Doug Flynn thanks to Nick (tnt-toys)..

Culdejat
02-06-2009, 10:49 AM
I am trying to gather as much 2004 Montreal Expos stuff that I can.

We have individual signed ball of all players, a team-signed ball, all stadium giveaways, books, magazines, etc.

I look regularely on the web for these items, including game-used bases, jerseys, bats. etc.

As a former season ticket holder, I have Expos artefacts all over my home office. Some folks can't believe I think of the Expos every day !!!

jrd
02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I collect Oakland A's stuff and especially items from players on the 1989 World Series team.

I started with Auto's and now I'm picking up a few gamers. I have a single signed baseball of every member of the Championship team except Gene Nelson. I missed out on one on ebay (by like $2.00!!!) over a year ago and haven't seen one since.

Good luck with your Reds project.

allstarsplus
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I am trying to gather as much 2004 Montreal Expos stuff that I can.

We have individual signed ball of all players, a team-signed ball, all stadium giveaways, books, magazines, etc.

I look regularely on the web for these items, including game-used bases, jerseys, bats. etc.

As a former season ticket holder, I have Expos artefacts all over my home office. Some folks can't believe I think of the Expos every day !!!

Oh, u are my competition! I collect 2004 Expos and all things Nationals.

I still need an Acta #14 jersey from the Expos and have some sweet stuff for trade!!!!

Culdejat
02-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh, u are my competition! I collect 2004 Expos and all things Nationals.

I still need an Acta #14 jersey from the Expos and have some sweet stuff for trade!!!!

Aren't you the one who asked me if my Acta Expos BP jersey was for sale?

allstarsplus
02-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Aren't you the one who asked me if my Acta Expos BP jersey was for sale?

I haven't inquired about a BP jersey but if you have any Acta items for sale, please email me at info@AllstarsPlus.com

Thanks!!!! :D