PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Authentics feedback ?

JackHE
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm thinking about consigning for the first time with Vintage Authentics. Their cut is 15% which I guess is OK but am looking for any feedback on payment time, etc.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

JackE

RobSteinmetz
04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I am a relatively new consignor to Vintage Authentics, but Steve and Mark have been a pleasure to work with. They went out of their way to make sure my expectations were met with regard to auction descriptions, and I was paid in full in LESS than 30 days. In terms of consignor relations, I rank Vintage Authentics among the very best in the hobby.

ChrisCavalier
04-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Their cut is 15% which I guess is OK
Hello Everyone,

I thought I remembered Vintage Authentics raising one (or both) of their fees from 15% to 17.5%. If that is correct, I don't remember whether it was their consignment fee, buyer's premium or both. Does someone know this for sure? I just checked their website but didn't see anything on there regarding fees.

BTW, as a consignor, I think it is important to note that the buyer's premium, as well as the consignment fee, will impact the amount of money you receive for your item.

Just wanted to make sure Jack had all the information he needed.

Sincerely,
Chris

hblakewolf
04-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I echo the same positive feedback as Rob-Vintage is a great outfit to both buy and consign with.

I have purchased from them, and been quite pleased with their shipping and speedy invoicing. Likewise, consignment checks are usually sent before 30 days.

A+ to both Steve and MArk at Vintage.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

earlywynnfan
04-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I've always had positive experiences with them, and they do pay out fast.

Ken

Steve Jensen
04-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Justed wanted to give a heads up as to rates and policies for Vintage Authentics Auctions. The consignment fee is a sliding scale from 10-15%. The reason we pay out consignors very quickly is that we accept credit cards which most of the winning bidders use to pay. It allows them an additional 30 days with their money so they usually bid more aggressively than they would if they had to cut a check right away.

The buyer's premium is 17.5 %. The credit card fee runs 3-4% which we cover as part of the buyer's premium. We usually collect approximately 50% of the auction within the first 7 days after the auction ends and start cutting consignment checks as soon as the week after each auction. We have recently switched from 3 to 6 auctions per year to allow consignors a chance to keep money coming in on a regular basis. The software we use for the check out process allows us to start shipping product the day after the auction ends. All product is shipped 2-day FedEx insured. ie. If you were to pay Friday, the day after the auction, you would likely receive your product the following Tuesday.

Best Regards,

Steve Jensen
Co-CEO, Vintage Authentics
Phone: 866-304-3090
Fax: 763-208-2890
www.vintageauthentics.com (http://www.vintageauthentics.com/)

ChrisCavalier
04-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Justed wanted to give a heads up as to rates and policies for Vintage Authentics Auctions. The consignment fee is a sliding scale from 10-15%....The buyer's premium is 17.5 %.
Hello Steve-

Thank you for your reply.

A follow-up question for forum members...from your experiences is the 10-15% consignment fee sliding scale referenced above fairly standard in the industry or do most auction houses charge more or less? I was curious what others were experiencing in this regard.

In addition, I believe I saw something about Hunt Auctions raising their buyer's premium recently as well from 10% to 15%. Can anyone verify if my understanding is correct?

Lastly, Eric would it be a big inconvenience to post an updated version of the "Auction Houses and Buyer's Premium" document that you post periodically (I think the last one I saw was in the end of November). In fact, once we have feedback from the members to the consignment fee question, do you think we might be able to add those fees to the document?

Sincerely,
Chris

Eric
04-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Lastly, Eric would it be a big inconvenience to post an updated version of the "Auction Houses and Buyer's Premium" document that you post periodically (I think the last one I saw was in the end of November). In fact, once we have feedback from the members to the consignment fee question, do you think we might be able to add those fees to the document?

Sincerely,
Chris

I'll work on it
Eric

Steve Jensen
04-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Chris- Yes, Hunt bumped their buyer's premium from 10-15%. Most are in the 15-20% range but not all provide authentication and accept credit cards.

I can't really speak to what other auction houses do for consignment fees. I've heard conflicting numbers depending on amount consigned, cards vs. memorabilia etc.

Best Regards,

Steve