• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sammy
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Expert this / Expert that / Ridiculous

This just cracks me up.

There is an auction of alleged Mickey Mantle hair, which comes with a COA by expert hair authenticator John Reznikoff / PSA DNA.

What in the heck does it take to become a, "expert hair authenticator"?

Sometimes you just have to get off of the merry-go-round and take a deep breath, because you see a lot of ridiculous things as you go round and round.
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Expert this / Expert that / Ridiculous

Someone has to do it somewhere, right?

Comment

• sammy
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Joel,

Just curious, how does an "expert hair authenticator" authenticate someone's hair without DNA samples from that person on a member of their family?

I'm fairly certain Mr. Reznikoff and PSA/DNA do not have a scientific lab in which to perform a DNA extraction or comparison.

Does a "expert hair authenticator" hold up colored photos of the person, and compare the hair sample being examined to the person's hair in the photo?

And to answer your question: why?

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

I don't know if PSA/DNA has a lab to check if hair samples match. I find the concept funny myself, but somewhere there is someone who is a forensic hair expert, so yes, someone has to do it somewhere.

Sorry it is a PSA/DNA expert. I have no idea what they do to verify it, I would contact them yourself to find answers to such questions.

Comment

Working...