PDA

View Full Version : eBay New "My eBay Page"...What do you think?

grenda12
01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
I just logged onto my eBay page and found that the style of the page has changed. I just had to customized it. Anybody do that yet? So far I dont like it, but yet its only been a couple minutes. Ill see what happens in a few days. What do you think of it.

woody1351
01-20-2009, 07:38 PM
i cant find my fav sellers on there now.

spartakid
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Woody- It's under "organize" on the left hand side.

woody1351
01-20-2009, 08:07 PM
awsome thank you

ndevlin
01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I dont like it. I also dont like how they changed the searches a while back. I wish they would leave things alone.

spartakid
01-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Yes, it seems as though the changes they've made have all been for the worst: searches, my ebay, feedback, etc.

jppopma
01-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I totally hate the newer search pages. If you go to the bottom of the page there is an "opt out" link you can hit to go back to the old one. I do that every time.

I'll have to play with the new summary page and see.

grenda12
01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I totally hate the newer search pages. If you go to the bottom of the page there is an "opt out" link you can hit to go back to the old one. I do that every time.

I'll have to play with the new summary page and see.

I do that all the time when I searched for items but it cant be done with the new My eBay, I searched for it. eBay had on there forums that the new take was Jan 20th.

Here's the forum http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=520051433&anticache=1232510743942

ndevlin
01-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I also noticed that after a year, your feedback is 100% again?

I had a problem with a buyer and he happened to give me negative feedback for no reason. But now, once I hit the year mark, my feedback went back to 100%. Thats odd, I didnt know it did that.

spartakid
01-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Are you kidding, that's horrible. That's very decieving and could cause problems for both buyers and sellers.

grenda12
01-20-2009, 11:37 PM

I had a problem with a buyer and he happened to give me negative feedback for no reason. But now, once I hit the year mark, my feedback went back to 100%. Thats odd, I didnt know it did that.

That change happened awhile back.

trsent
01-21-2009, 01:42 AM

That is old news, but I personally have no problem with this policy. I think if you can go a full year without any negative feedback - You should show at 100%. It is fully disclosed and this is a great change so if you receive feedback that hurts you, they give you a year to clean up your act.

I just logged onto my eBay page and found that the style of the page has changed. I just had to customized it. Anybody do that yet? So far I dont like it, but yet its only been a couple minutes. Ill see what happens in a few days. What do you think of it.

I experimented with the new My eBay page about two months ago. I emailed them how terrible it is and how much slower the links load and just how the idea is a bad idea. If something works, why change it. Now I switched back to the old My eBay, but I saw last week that this week they were going to the new My eBay page so I switched last week.

I just do not understand, too many pages are too hard to navigate and too confusing to correct. Then too many links, such as Send Invoice take too long to load. eBay has slow enough issues already (such as loading an original List Your Item Page) that they should have listened to us users and kept things simple.

They always think they are making things better, but sometimes the more they change things the harder they become to use.

Remember the auction items pages they experimented with? What a total disaster - I hope they never go back to that multi-page format again!

dafivehole
01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I've been on eBay since '98 and this new design is the worst yet :mad:
My favorites disappeared too :eek:

Roger

bigtime59
01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
One thing I do like is the "quick view" button (diamond shaped) in my favorite searches that allows me to skim the latest items in a search w/o actually opening it up.

earlywynnfan
01-21-2009, 05:54 PM
For me, the last couple things I won don't appear under my "won" category; to access them, I need to go into my feedback section!

Which is another problem I have: I have no real way of tracking who has left feedback for me, unless I want to keep a paper and pencil list.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

grenda12
01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
eBay listed an email address about the beta My eBay page.

myebaybeta@ebay.com

Send your comments in and see if something can be done.