PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez Bat Ebay #110339072850

maccamania
01-21-2009, 01:49 PM
has anyone seen this bat on ebay, if so what are your thoughts please.

gameused
01-21-2009, 02:28 PM
has anyone seen this bat on ebay, if so what are your thoughts please.

Rich,

These Manny Mash bats are rare, I have only seen Manny use Mash bats in 2005. I have one exactly like the one listed on eBay with the blacked out knob and silver 24 which Manny wrote himself, my bat is not autographed, but has the blacked out knob and silver 24 with the same stamped numbers. I spoke with the owner of Mash bats in 2005 and he mentioned he hand delivered these bats to Manny at the 2005 all star game.

Hope this helps! Bobby

matt
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I recall that jon_8_us sold a Manny Mash bat here on the forum when he liquidated his collection 1-2 yrs ago. Ask was around 575 I think. I am not sure these ever made it past BP as i was unable to find a photo that matched. There is one similar black bat in July 2005, but the cup and knob are not a match to the Mash.

Good use on this one though, whether BP or game.

Matt

gameused
01-22-2009, 02:11 AM
The below info was provided to me by the owner of Mash Bats, Dave Valentini of Canada, September 26, 2005: http://www.mashbats.com/frameset.htm (http://www.mashbats.com/frameset.htm)

Here's how to read the stamped knob:

The number 05207

05 - the year 2005
207- the day of the year, 207th day or July 26th

The stamp M4

M – Maple

4 – 34”

The number 15:

Would be the 15th bat out of a total of 18
I found out that 18 bats with the 05207 were ordered for Manny Ramirez.

Below is a question I asked Dave about the cupping and natural knob of the bat:

I noticed that some of your bats have natural colored cupped ends and natural knobs, some have black cupped ends. My Manny Mash bat has a black colored end on the knob, is that factory or did he color that in?

The cupped ends should always be the same colour as the bat. I know that we had produced bats for Manny that were cupped and that were not cupped and when I met with him at the all-star game he gave me the uncupped bats back and when I returned to the shop I quickly cupped them and shipped them to him. Thus giving the natural cupped end.

All the bats we produce for our MLB players will have a natural knob, it looks like that one bat for Manny he actually coloured that himself and put his number on in silver. That might be a superstition thing.

That’s about it.

Dave......