PDA

View Full Version : Historical Yankee Fans Help Yogi Berra 1958

JCC1968
04-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Group

I was wondering if you could help me. I recently pick up at a garage sale a baseball that was inscribed "To Bobby and Johnny, Foul ball on Yogi Berra Night game at Yankee Stadium. Friday July 12th 1958 in the Ninth Inning, Caught by Daddy." I was wondering the following:

1) What was Yogi Berra night game? The history of this event? Does anyone have any information?

I look forward to your response

Thank You

Jason Christensen:mad:

yanks12025
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi
Just wondering if you are the person selling the one on ebay or just a person that would like to know more about it to find out how much to spend on it.

JCC1968
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi

Im bidding on it, but all my research shows that this nite there was no Yogi Berra night game. Even Yogi Berra himself does not remember this night. (I have asked see below e-mail) I was wondering if someone else knew of this nite or could shed some light on it. this was the museum's response

Dear Mr. Christensen,
Unfortunately, we have no record of a Yogi Berra
Night event on July 12, 1958, nobody here, nor Mr. Berra has any
recollection of it.

The Yankees did have an official Yogi Berra Day on
Sept. 19, 1959 against the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium.

Best of luck,
Dave Kaplan
Director, Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center

sammy
04-14-2006, 11:00 AM
On July 12, 1958, the Yankees played the Indians in a night game at Yankee stadium with the Yanks winning 10 zip.

I would surmise the ball you have was a foul ball hit by Yogi Berra during that night game.

Seperate the writing and this is what it means.

To Bobby and Johnny
Foul ball on Yogi Berra
Night game at Yankee Stadium
Friday July 12th 1958 in the Ninth Inning
Caught by Daddy."