X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCC1968
    • Nov 2005

Yogi Berra Night 07/12/58 Help!!

Group

I was wondering if you could help me. I recently pick up at a garage sale a baseball that was inscribed "To Bobby and Johnny, Foul ball on Yogi Berra Night game at Yankee Stadium. Friday July 12th 1958 in the Ninth Inning, Caught by Daddy." I was wondering the following:

1) What was Yogi Berra night game? The history of this event? Does anyone have any information?

I look forward to your response

Thank You

Jason Christensen
  • sammy
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Yogi Berra Night 07/12/58 Help!!

Hi Jason,

On July 12, 1958, the Yankees played the Indians in a night game at Yankee stadium with the Yanks winning 10 zip.

I would surmise the ball you have was a foul ball hit by Yogi Berra during that night game.

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

I would say thats it exactly what it mean, it means Yogi Berra hit a foul ball at a night game / not thats its a foul ball on Yogi Berra night!!!

Comment

• Yankwood
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by JCC1968
        Group

I was wondering if you could help me. I recently pick up at a garage sale a baseball that was inscribed "To Bobby and Johnny, Foul ball on Yogi Berra Night game at Yankee Stadium. Friday July 12th 1958 in the Ninth Inning, Caught by Daddy." I was wondering the following:

1) What was Yogi Berra night game? The history of this event? Does anyone have any information?

I look forward to your response

Thank You

Jason Christensen
        Who's your Daddy?

Comment

Working...