PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Berra Night 07/12/58 Help!!

JCC1968
04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Group

I was wondering if you could help me. I recently pick up at a garage sale a baseball that was inscribed "To Bobby and Johnny, Foul ball on Yogi Berra Night game at Yankee Stadium. Friday July 12th 1958 in the Ninth Inning, Caught by Daddy." I was wondering the following:

1) What was Yogi Berra night game? The history of this event? Does anyone have any information?

I look forward to your response

Thank You

Jason Christensen

sammy
04-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi Jason,

On July 12, 1958, the Yankees played the Indians in a night game at Yankee stadium with the Yanks winning 10 zip.

I would surmise the ball you have was a foul ball hit by Yogi Berra during that night game.

suave1477
04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I would say thats it exactly what it mean, it means Yogi Berra hit a foul ball at a night game / not thats its a foul ball on Yogi Berra night!!!

Yankwood
04-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Group

I was wondering if you could help me. I recently pick up at a garage sale a baseball that was inscribed "To Bobby and Johnny, Foul ball on Yogi Berra Night game at Yankee Stadium. Friday July 12th 1958 in the Ninth Inning, Caught by Daddy." I was wondering the following:

1) What was Yogi Berra night game? The history of this event? Does anyone have any information?

I look forward to your response

Thank You

Jason ChristensenWho's your Daddy?